Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 26

April 18, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!  And what has been a ritual around here on Sundays now, it is time for another fabulous color challenge courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage Blog!  Here are the colors for this week!
Not a normal color combo for me, but I really loved putting together my card!  I didn't realize how much I actually liked gray until doing so!  Here is what I came up with:
"Enjoy Life" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (white} & Wausau (yellow) 
Paper: American Crafts
Stamps/Ribbon: Renaissance by Design (Enjoy Life set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: sky gray, antique pewter) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold yellow cardstock in half to make card base, and round the left & right opposite corners.  Round the same corners of a gray paper block, and adhere to the front.  Round the same corners of a white cardstock block, and adhere yellow ribbon around the middle.  Stamp the butterfly to the top half, and the flourishes to the bottom half.  Accent with yellow and dark gray jewels, and adhere the entire block to the left side of the card with dimensional adhesive. 

This card is also based on the current sketch at Stamping 411.  Unfortunately, I can't link my card to their blog unless I take out the link(s) in my supply list.  I don't want to change the format of my blog, so I won't be posting my card there.  But, I didn't want you to miss out on the sketch, because it is a good one!  So, enjoy!

Don't forget to check out what the other Curtain Call gals have come up with for the week!  I am sure it will be utter eye candy!  And I hope you play along as well! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

24 comments

  1. Fabulous DP and I love the bling on the focal panel, Lea. Great use of this week's colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, Lea! love your gems...got to get me some of those:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning, so many element to oooh and aaah over, the rounded corners really set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... grays are good! :) Fabulous card Lea - one day you'll make me go and buy some of these gems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. elegant card! so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very pretty card. Definitely has an elegant feel too it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Lea! You rocked that color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....love the yellow/gray combo and your butterfly! And as always LOVE your sparkley gems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Sunday to you too :) !!! Your card is GORGEOUS Lea!!! The DP is perfect and I love the sweet butterfly image!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that gray is totally gorgeous! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! So gorgeous!! I love, love, LOVE that butterfly stamp with the sentiment included, and your layout and details show it off perfectly. That yellow bow is just FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant! I love the bright yellow ribbon and those gems! Beautiful, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this colour combo! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah! Another great one this week. You have a knack for putting that bling in just the right spot! The ribbon is so, so pretty. Just can't say enough, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a classic color combo. I like how you rounded opposite corners of your card and image panel. Love the yellow dotted ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, so so pretty! Butterflies and swirls - what could be better? I love how classy this is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW -- this is super FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sooo gorgeous..i keep meaning to do this challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girlie, there is NOT a color combo that you can't ROCK!! I hardly ever use gray but you've inspired me to try it more often. This is a lovely card and I always like the Renaissance by Design stamps that you use! Big hugs! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this card. great job with the color combo. i love the grey and yellow together. You picked the perfect shades.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous. What a fab color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooohhhh! I love this too! This is a fav color combo of mine this year. Last spring it was orange, gray and white! I love gray! Figured it out last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card, Lea! I love the background paper and the rhinestones! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card!

    Please check out my challenge blog: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

    Happy Crafting!
    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥