Babies, babies, babies....

April 23, 2010

...tee hee!  No, I am not having one.  Let's not get that rumor started!  I just have a baby card to share with you today, and then some sweet images from a newborn shoot I did this week!  So, let's get started!

First up is my card for sketch 163 at CPS this week.  I had a heck of a time photographing this card for some reason!  I did custom white balances, auto white balances, different angles...it just didn't want to be photographed very well.  This was the best I could get it to look...and I am sticking with it!!   See- even professional photographers struggle at times!  Tee hee!
"Sweet As Can Be" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Baby Button Bits
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: citrine, pink) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round two opposite corners.  Punch a scalloped strip to striped paper, and adhere to a heart paper strip.  Adhere the entire strip to the left side of the card.  Round the opposite corners of a green dotted paper block.  Round the opposite corners of a white cardstock block, stamp the pea pod to it, and adhere to the green dotted block.  Stamp the two sentiments to white cardstock strips and cut out.  Adhere them to the block, and accent with jewels.  Tie ribbon around the green dotted block, and adhere the entire piece to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive. 

That is the only card I have to share with you today, but I do have some super sweet newborn photos to share with you.  I photographed baby Tyler on Monday.  He was a week old, and just so darling.  These were my favorite shots from the day.  Hope you like them! 
Let me know what you think of them!  

Well blog readers, this next week is going to be pretty sparse on my end.  We are heading out on a little vacation with some friends and family starting tomorrow, and will be gone all week long.  I am posting my Curtain Call and CPS cards in advance....and that is all you will be seeing from me.  I hope that you all have a really wonderful week ahead of you!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

24 comments

  1. such a sweet card and DARLING photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, pictures and even sweeter baby :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. The bling in the pea pod us great :D

    Love the baby pictures. Think the first one is my favorite. That face is just too precious! Look at all that hair! Love the one where you can see the little fat rolls on the arms too :D Great work. Enjoy your week away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, Lea! Love them all - they're all so soft and filled with happiness, which is exactly what you want in baby photos. Love your card too and all that bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! And those pics are completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how sweet is HE!!! You did just a beautiful job! Hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love that baby buttton bits image!! Those baby pics are so sweet too, babies are so much fun to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, love your pics lea, you are soooooo good! your card is brilliant my friend, love the 3 peas. have a wonderful vacation (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet and pretty baby card! thanks for sharing those photos of the baby, too! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet baby..makes you just want to kiss it's forehead. LOL

    That baby card is adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and the baby pictures are beautiful. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card & beautiful photos...love the one with his eyes open...beautfiul!!!
    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your card is oh so cute, loving those rhinestones on the pea pod and SOOOOOO adorable on the baby pics, ohhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those photos are fabulous. I love the blinged up card as well, but that little baby has me feeling baby hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card and your baby pics are so gorgeous! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are stunning Lea, I would be honoured to have such gorgeous photos on my wall (if the child was mine of course-lol!) I wish you could have photographed my girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaahhh bless,the photos are stunning,almost want another baby just to get you to take some photos for me,almost, but not quite! fab card too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a precious little miracle! Your photographs are absolutely priceless! Truly priceless! You're an amazing photographer!!

    And what a perfect card for this post! ;o) It's so sweet and adorable. I love the jewels you put in the pod and the gorgeous polka dot ribbon! Oh, SOO cute!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gramma says, great card, and what a precious gift little Tyler is..Love you Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so adorable! I love the idea of using rhinestones in place of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is fab! The gems in the pea pod are perfect! Love the baby photos! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥