Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 29

May 9, 2010

Welcome to another color challenge Sunday courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!  Here are the colors for the week!
These colors were a bit of a challenge for me.  I know that the one color says bordering blue, but I had to go with a shade of gray instead.  I just didn't have anything with a shade of blue like that one...so I figured it was pretty close to gray!  I also used Get Sketchy #37 for this one...such a fun sketch this week! Here is my card!
"Happy Father's Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Sentimental Sayings set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter & Chalk: charcoal)
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Twine: Darice Inc.
Buttons/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pen: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold gray paper in half to make card base, round the bottom corners, and ink the edges.  Round the bottom corners and ink the edges of a patterned paper block.  Tie ribbon around the top, and add a button to the bow using twine.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Round the top corners of a white cardstock strip and adhere to the top of the card.  Adhere buttons along the seam between the ribbon and white cardstock.  Stamp the sentiment to the white cardstock.  Draw a black pen line underneath it, and accent each end with three jewels. 

Be sure to check out the fabulous designs from all the other ladies as well!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea

23 comments

  1. Polka dotted buttons! How fun :D Nice use of this week's colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work, love the DS paper you chose! and what can I say bout the buttons and the ribbon- dots are my favourite!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this colour combo is fabulous! And such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that awesome paper again! I think I need to get this one - it's fabulous... wonderful card, vibrant colours, prima! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! That paper couldn't be any more perfect for the challenge! I love how you "funned" it up with the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is `fabulous` Lea Love the colour combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Lea! I think that grey is pretty darn close to the blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Lea! Love the button treatment! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this Lea! love that dp...gorgeous! and bordering blue is definately almost gray:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the orange striking color ribbon...nice combo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that DP is perfect for these colours! Love all the buttons with the oramge ribbon - so funky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza! Bright colors and polka dots....fun card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lea, what a great card. I love, love, love all the vibrant colors. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So this is DP? If so, it's an unbelievable match! If you stamped it....it's incredibly intricate! Either way...it's a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this card and that color combo is awesome... will have to get creating to join in the fun...

    Hope all is well with you and family...

    Hugs
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lea, you are a genius with polka dots and patterns! This card is so magnificent! Bright, sunny and elegant...all at the same time!! AND, I think the gray is perfection!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this color combo! GREAT card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely wonderful Lea! Love these colors!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love these colors! So pretty. I also spied your prima flower card... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its wonderful but can u tell me when is fathers day?

    free classified india

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥