"Krafty" kind of day...

May 25, 2010

I sat down today and got three cards done....wham, bam, thank you ma'am!  All 3 of these were done in less than a couple hours.  And it seems I was in a "krafty" kind of mood....because all 3 have kraft cardstock in some form. Hee!

This first card uses Sweet Sunday Sketch 70, and Cricut Cardz Challenge #25 to use birds or butterflies on your card.  Isn't that butterfly fabulous?!  It is from the Hannah Montana cartridge....I know I say this about every cartridge, but this one is a keeper.  You don't have to be a Hannah Montana fan to love it...because I certainly am not.  It just has a lot of fabulous alpha & shape cuts on it....and very few would pertain only to Hannah Montana. Here is the card!
"For Everything You Do," supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics 
Paper: October Afternoon
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Strictly Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: razzberry, black)
Flowers: Prima 
Pearls: Prima & Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Hannah Montana by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold patterned paper in half to make card base, and round the right side corners.  Round the right side corners of a kraft cardstock block, and adhere to the front.  Glue three paper flowers to the left side of the kraft block.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner.  Cut the butterfly and its layers at 1.5" using the Cricut Expression & Hannah Montana cartridge.  Glitter the pink layer, and then adhere together.  Attach to the top of the bottom flower, and accent with a teal pearl.  Add the pink pearl flourishes as the butterfly flight pattern. 

This next card uses 365 Cards: Sunday Sketch and The Pink Elephant Challenge #68 to use mostly orange on your card.  Broke out a white pen on this one....haven't done that in a long while.  Love how it turned out...I see myself using my white pens a lot more in the future! 
 "Life is Brighter..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company, Sassafras
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: tangerine, Pigment: black) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pen: Uniball Signo
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Graphically Speaking by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut the sunburst at 5" using the Cricut Expression and Graphically Speaking cartridge.  Adhere to the lower left corner, trimming the excess from each side.  Cut a circle from heart paper, ink the edges, and adhere to the middle of the sunburst using dimensional adhesive.  Accent the sunburst with jewels, and add three jewels to the upper right corner of the card.  Draw the white line around the card using a ruler and white Uniball Signo pen.  Stamp the sentiment to the leftover white space. 

And this last card is for the 365 Cards: Keep It Simple challenge to use one stamped image, one stamped sentiment, and one embellishment.  This card is actually pretty teeny...is is 3.5".
"You're Sew Lovely" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sew Lovely set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, turquoise)
Pearls: Darice Inc. & Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the lower right corner.  Stamp the sewing machine and sentiment to the right side of the card.  Accent with red pearls.

Those are all the cards I have to share with you today!  On the brother front....he had the Senior Awards & Scholarship banquet last night.  He was awarded as "Sportsman of the Year" and recognized for being the only male in his class to participate in 3 sports all 4 years of high school.  He also received $900 in local scholarships to add on to his $16,200 renewable scholarship from Carroll College ($8200 athletics, $8000 academic).  Needless to say...we are SO SO proud of him.  Wish I could have been at the banquet to hear it all in person. 

I haven't shared any movie posts lately!!  Probably because we haven't been watching a ton of them lately, but we did watch 2 movies together yesterday.  Josh has an odd schedule this week, so we had the entire day together until he went to work at 9pm for an overnight.  We watched these two movies: 
They were pretty good!  All About Steve wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was actually very heartwarming.  I liked it.  And Old Dogs was hilarious...loved it!  It was pretty heartwarming too.  So- we had a warm and fuzzy movie day together!  Tee hee! 

Well, I need to get going for now.  I hope that your week has been great so far! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

18 comments

  1. These are fabulous! last week I lost my internet and my mojo. I have internet again, am trying to get some mojo, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These designs are so great, Lea! I love what you did with the prima flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Leah! Love the flowers and pearly accents on the first card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving the sunshine card! Think I might have to case that one! I saw the sketch yesterday, hmm what shall I do!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lea!
    I love your cards. I love that little butterfly from and HM cart! I also love all the pearl bing. I also have to have the sew lovely stamp set. :)

    Thanks for palying along with us over at the CCC blog!
    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards as always...cant resist to see them! love the way you pictured them

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous! I have to say though that I am partial to the CAS one... I guess because it looks like something I could actually recreate!! :) Love Kraft...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh, AMAZING cards, all of them. I'm picking up my jaw from the floor as I write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been quite busy, Lea!
    All your cards are soo beautiful and fresh. Love your crisp take on the sketch... really love it!
    / Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much krafty goodness here. Each one is special. And I always like your movie recommendations. I don't have much time to look for movies to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a fabulously creative "krafty" day!! These are marvelous and I love every single one! Congratulations to Casey. That's so amazing!!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! What beautiful cards....just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! major bling on the "Everything you do" card. So lovely. Especially like how you glittered the butterfly. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little orange sun!! Thanks for sharing with TPE this week!!

    Pink Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card for the 365 Challenge - so bright and sunny, and you've inspired me to break out my white pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pearl accents are to die for!! Very beautiful, as always!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! All of these cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥