Why, hello challenges....

May 13, 2010

....it is me, your long lost friend, Lea.  I feel like I haven't participated in any challenges lately, other than the ones I have commitments to.  Life has just been so busy lately!  I had some time to sit down and get a couple done today, and I also have my CPS card to share.

This first card is for Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge: CAS, and for the Etsy Inpsired Challenge #87.  The featured Etsy Shop is Lindsay Brackeen, whose shop is filled with sweet and whimsical prints.  I was inspired by this fabulous rainbow print of hers.  Here is my card for the challenge!
 "You've Been So Sweet" supplies: 
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Year of the Flower: sweet peas)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: aqua)
Rub-ons: Creative Imaginations
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Create A Critter by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut the heart rainbow and its layers from colored cardstocks at 3" using the Cricut Expression and Create A Critter cartridge.  Glitter the dark pink and yellow layers, and adhere them all together.  Cut the cloud from white cardstock at 2" and coat with glitter.  Adhere the cloud to the card, and then layer the rainbow cut to the top.  Accent the rainbow with jewels.  Adhere three thin strips of cardstock to the inside bottom of the card and accent with jewels.  Stamp the first part of the sentiment to the middle.  Finish the sentiment with rub-ons in the lower right corner.  

This next card is based on the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger, and on Kazan's Sketch 52 at 2 Sketches 4 U.  Isn't this bird nest freaking adorable?!  I'll get a better photo tomorrow in the natural light...this was all I could do with the flash this time around.
 "Look Who's New" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: seaglass, dusty plum) & Ranger Distress Ink (antique linen)
Lace: Making Memories
Jewels: Kaiser Craft
Electronic Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Give A Hoot by Provo Craft
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Steel Die: Papertrey Ink (large scallop) 

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut a block of pink dotted paper and cut a scalloped edge to the bottom using the Cuttlebug and large scallop steel die.  Cut scalloped strips from blue and pink houndstooth paper.  Stain white eyelet lace with antique linen distress ink.  Layer the blue scallop, the stained lace, and the pink strip to the top of the card.  Stamp the sentiment to a cream paper block, and adhere to the top of the entire block.  Cut the bird nest and its layers at 2" using the Cricut Expression and Give A Hoot cartridge.  Glitter the bottom layer and the eggs, and adhere them together.  Accent the middle of the eggs with jewels, and adhere the entire cut directly below the sentiment.  Adhere this entire pink block to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive. 

And last, but definitely not least, is my card using this week's sketch at CPS!  Had some fun with this cute Prima line! 
"Get Wellie Soon" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Chiboard: Prima
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Stickers: Making Memories
Jewels: Darice Inc.
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half and round the right hand corners.  Emboss the front of the card using the Cuttlebug machine and the polka dot impression plate.  Attach red paper frill to the left side of a strip of ribbon, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Adhere the chipboard tag to the lower right corner, and top with a matching bow.  Cut a rainbow from patterned paper, and adhere so it overlaps the chipboard tag just slightly.  Add the sentiment to the tag using letter stickers, and accent with three jewels.  

It felt nice to break out my Cricut Expression again.  Honestly...I can admit that I was a little more heartbroken about not continuing on with Provo Craft than I thought.  I haven't had any inclination to use my machine since I got the news.  But, I did treat myself, and used my last royalty check from them to purchase some of the newest cartridges.  They all came while we were on vacation...and then I got sick.  I did look through the booklets while I was sick, and those two cuts used above were the first ones that caught my eye.  There are a lot of other cuts I want to use too...so I foresee myself using my Expression again....the way I used to. 

Well, I better get going for now.  Hope you are having a wonderful week so far! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea

22 comments

  1. These cards turned out stunning! The rain card is my favourite - though I'm normally more a sunshine kinda person;) - . I love the little rainbow on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous cards {as always!!} Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous, but that little birds nest takes the cake! It's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL, Lea! These could not be more precious. I love the sentiment on your get well card! That bird nest on your 2S4Y card is adorable and I love the touch of lace you added! I'm thrilled you got to play along with us this week! Yay! I hope you're feeling better! "Get wellie soon!" ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all fabulous as always Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, gorgeous and gorgeous.
    i love the rainbow idea ~ so very clever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the pastel colors and gems! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous cards! Lovin' the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE to every single one of your creations! I love challenges too and it is so fun to see what others have done with them. LOVE the little rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thank you, thank you for the rainbow fix!! These are absolutely wonderful Lea!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW!! Fantastic cards!! I adore the first one with the beautiful Rainbow!!
    Have a nice day,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. very fantastic and fabulous cards. I love all your works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes...i've been missing you but HOLY POOP...did you ever make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All are just lovely Lea! Love the little nest on the baby card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards--so fun and cheery! Love the rainbows and clouds. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea your cards make my heart skip beats. **Sigh**
    I especially love the first rainbow one. Adore.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are just fantastic Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Lea! All three are terrific! Love the glitter on the first one w/ the rainbows and I love the wellies on the third one! Your blog is so bright and cheerful it makes visiting a great pleasure :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Lea! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥