Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 30

May 16, 2010

Hi there!  Today is color challenge day courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!!  Without further ado, here are the colors this week:
Such a FUN mix of colors...I just love it!!  I used some Papertrey Ink stamps for my card this week...a mix of old and new.  I love how PTI stamps work together so well...it doesn't matter when they were released.  I also used sketch 90 from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog for my card....as always, it is a great sketch this week!  Here is what I came up with:

"Dreams Believed" supplies: 
Cardstock/Jewels: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: amber, black) 
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Ric-Rac: Wright's 
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a white paper block.  Adhere a strip of pink floral paper to the top, and tie ribbon around the seam.  Accent the middle of the bow with a pink button, and add pink ric-rac over top of the right side of the ribbon.  Stamp the border to the middle of the card, and accent the second line with pink jewels.  Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner, and add three pink jewels to the left side of it.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the kraft card base. 

Be sure to check out the creations from the other Curtain Call ladies as well!! ♥♥♥ 


I posted a few days ago that this year has gone by so fast, and it is almost time for Casey to graduate.  He had track districts this weekend, and he did an amazing job!!  He took first place in the 100m, 200m, & 300m hurdles for his personal events.  He took 1st in the 4x1 relay, and 2nd in the 4x4 relay with his team...and the boys team took first place for the entire day!    He is onto divisionals this coming weekend in Missoula.  Can't wait to watch him compete, as I haven't been able to make it to a track meet yet this year.  He only has 8 days left of school....and then he graduates.

I did his graduation announcement in place of the Josten's ones.  They look amazing in print....we have gotten a lot of compliments on them!  Here are the digital images of them...I am pretty proud of how they turned out.

FRONT

INSIDE SPREAD

BACK

Well, that is everything I have to share with you today.  I hope that you had a really wonderful weekend!!  We sure did....first weekend of real springish-summer weather.  Went to the Farmer's market on Saturday, and had a BBQ with friends that night.  So excited for summer!

Until later,
~Lea

26 comments

  1. LOVE your card, and the graduation announcements... absolutely breathtaking! AMAZING job on those Lea!!!
    hugs!
    ~rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card! Fabulous digital pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use of the colours this week, your clean and simple look is just perfect! great photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and how you used these colours! FABULOUS pictures and layouts too! Just love the sentiment on the last one and a big congrats to him for his achievements in Track. I competed in track big time myself so can appreciate all his hard work to get what he got! You deserve to be proud of him and your wonderful pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Gorgeous announcements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card, Lea! I love the touch of ric rac and the little blings you added!

    Seriously, that is the most amazing graduation announcement I have EVER seen! I love it because it tells a story and your photographs are unbelievable! I KNOW he is SO proud of this!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink and orange in that color combo, great card and wonderful grad announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is darling! Who new pink and orange could look so great together?! Your son's grad announcement is amazing! What a wonderful tribute to who he is and who he will be. Such an exciting time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lea!! I love everything about it!!
    What a fabulous tribute to your son as well!! WOW!!!
    Good luck to him!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love the card and your sense of balance!
    Wonderful Graduation annoncements!

    greetings from Chicago ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME announcement, so much better than the standard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE the card you made using the FTL90. Wow!! Also, thanks for the kind comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you need to do ALL grad announcements my sweet friend, seriously ALL, you captured, nailed, perfected it! could not love these more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh - it is GORGEOUS!!! Your brother must LOVE it! :)

    http://scrappymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card and what a handsome son. It is such a fun time for you and he!! Enjoy all the moments and create lasting memories...!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an elegant card Lea! And the announcement is so unique ... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card, but that graduation announcement is definitely the coolest one I've ever seen!!! Go mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your card is lovely but that graduation announcement is absolutely gorgeous. Will you be available for consultation in say 13years time :)

    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a unique color combo. I may have to give this a try. Your card is always so inspiring. Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl... your cards and photography just take my breath away! I have missed visiting you and getting my Lea fix! :) Sorry to be gone so long! Your cards are wonderful... as usual. Love your brothers graduation announcements... they look awesome! Love the baby photos that you posted a while back... Wow!! Wish you were here so I could hire you to take some photos of my son! Oh... and I have decided that I have to buy some doodlebug designs jewels... they seem to be expensive but man... they sure look perty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl, you are so good! You made those colors look amazing!! Speaking of amazing, that is the coolest grad announcement I have ever seen!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous announcements!! What a lucky brother to have you an your talent at his disposal. Awestruck here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥