Thursday already....

May 20, 2010

....wow!  This week has flown by!  It has been a good one though, so I can't complain.  How has your week been?  I will admit...I haven't been spending very much time at my craft desk, but that is okay.  I go in spurts, but I feel the creative juices coming back to me.  So, I figure I will be spending at least a little more time making some cards!

I have a few cards to share with you today.  First up is my card for sketch 167 at the CPS blog this week.  Decided to break out some fabulous Webster's paper, and a CTMH stamp set that I have had forever.  The two just seemed to go together so well!
"Irish Blessing" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Webster's Pages
Stamps: Close To My Heart
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: toffee, Pigment: black)
Brads: Creative Imaginations
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: Ranger Stickles

Instructions:  Fold cardstock in half to make card base.  Zig-zag stitch a rectangle shape that is 1/4 inch smaller than the red dotted paper block.  Adhere the floral paper block over top of the stitching so just some of it peeks out, and then adhere brads to each corner.  Stamp the butterflies to the white space on the floral paper block, and then stamp the sentiment over top of that.  Cut the banner from patterned paper and adhere to the upper right corner.  Accent the banner and the smaller butterfly with small pearls.  Adhere the entire paper block to the front of the card base, and then glitter the floral paper using Stickles.  

Up next is a graduation card using sketch 90 from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  Yes- my second time using it.  I love it!  And, it was perfect for this....because I need to make quite a few of these cards for the kids that I photographed this year, and some of Casey's friends.  
"Class of 2010" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (For The Graduate)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: raven black, eggplant) 
Jewels: International Greetings USA
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold purple cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a white cardstock block, and adhere a striped paper strip to the top of it.  Stamp the border directly below the striped paper, and the sentiment to the lower right corner.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card, and accent the border with purple jewels.  Stamp the cap to white cardstock and cut out.  Adhere to the front and accent with a purple jewel.

And just one more card to share with you today...and it is super clean and simple.  But, I love it!  The challenge gallery this week at the Cards Magazine Blog is to use berries...and this is what I came up with! 
"Berry Happy Birthday to You" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Brads: Doodlebug Designs
Stickers: Making Memories
Rub-ons: 7Gypsies
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and punch a bracket border to the card front bottom.  Add the three brads in a row to the front of the card.  Adhere the letter stickers directly below the berry brads.  Add the rub-on sentiment below the letter stickers.  Finish by adding brackets to each side of the cluster. 

Those are all the cards I have to share with you today...but have you been checking out the Glitz Blog at all this week?  Well, we have started the new design team posts this week, and I have to say...the designers are doing an amazing job so far!  Of course, I get an earlier peek than everyone else because I post everything to the blog....and I have to say that it is an awesome perk of the job!!  Be sure to head over and check it out if you haven't...the girls are doing so awesome!

I got these fabulous tanks at Target this week, in preparation for summer.  They are super cute...both in the store and once you try them on.  Very flattering: 
I shop at Target a lot.  One because I can afford it.  And two, they always have cute stuff that I will actually wear.  And three, most items are made out of 100% cotton, which I prefer.  I do always check the seams, because sometimes you will find a place that didn't get stitched well enough while being manufactured.  But, I have found that just by doing that one little thing...my stuff from Target lasts forever.  Now...I wash most of my tops on the delicate cycle, and don't dry them, so I imagine that helps keep them nice for a longer time.  I also got two more of the Mossimo boyfriend tees in some of the new colors.  I swear...I practically live in those tees.  They are soft, fitted but not tight, and are the perfect length.  I swear by those tees...

Anyways...that is everything I have for you today!  I hope that your Thursday has been a good one!  We have Casey's divisional track meet tomorrow and on Saturday....and it looks like it is supposed to rain.  Oh well...they run rain or shine, and we will be there to watch!! ♥♥♥ 


Until later,
~Lea

P.S.:  Thanks for all the comments on my last post, with Casey's graduation announcement.  And just to let you know...he is actually my brother, not my son.  I sure hope I don't look old enough to have a 19 year old kid! Tee hee!  

12 comments

  1. Lovely cards! Those Doodlebug brads are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely lovely cards Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fabulous! All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, your cards are so lovely and beautiful!! I love your style and the way you use the colors!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you do not disappoint. These cards are beautiful, Lea. I esp love the Berry card - so yummy with all the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it all, girlfriend! Clean & Simple or packed full of goodness....your cards always amaze me! Gotta say, I love those little strawberries and cherry!

    Thank you for the sweet Glitz Blog {love}! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that graduation card! Just beautiful. Love the colors. Great job with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards, Lea!! You make clean & simple look AMAZING!!! And no, you don't look nearly old enough to have a 19 yr old! You're just a "baby" yourself! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are amazing, Lea! I especially love the first one. Awesome work with the Webster's Pages papers! Your P.S. cracked me up a little bit. I'm 16 and I've got a little niece, who's 4 now. Many other scrappers think she's my daughter, when I post pictures of her on my blog. And I was like: what? Do you really think I was pregnant when I was only 12 years old?:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute cards, Lea! I especially LOVE the berry one!!! Be still my heart - I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all gorgeous, my fave is the graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are pure perfection Lea! I absolutely love the simplicity of that berry birthday card!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥