Circles & Chandeliers....

May 27, 2010

Happy Thursday evening, everyone!  I hope you have had a good week so far.  So- did you watch Idol last night?  I actually really liked both final contestants, so it didn't really matter to me who won.  But, I was definitely rooting for Lee a bit more.  I think they are both going to have great careers in the music industry!  And now America's Got Talent starts next week...YAY!  I love that show...and Howie Mandell is taking over the Hoff's spot.  He is HILARIOUS...so I think he is going to be a really great addition to the show.

Anways...on to what you most likely came to my blog for.  I have a couple cards to share!!  First up is my card for sketch 168 at the CPS blog this week.  I took some creative liberties with the sketch this week...and love the simple result of it.
  "Thinking of you, Always" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot & Year of the Flower: Sweet Pea)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: mango tango, harbor, lime, black)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the upper right corner.  Stamp the dots to the left side of the card using pigment ink.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner in black.  Accent the centers of the stamped dots with jewels.  

And this next card uses Kazan's Sketch 53 from 2 Sketches 4 U, and I did it with the current Cards Magazine Blog Gallery challenge in mind (to use a punny sentiment).  This is what I came up with!
 "Hang in There" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Rub-ons: American Crafts
Jewels: Glitz Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Home Decor by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold red cardstock in half to make card base, and adhere a flocked damask paper block to the front.  Round the top corners of a cream cardstock block, and adhere to the front.  Tie ribbon around the bottom, over top of the seam.  Cut the chandelier from black cardstock at 2.75" using the Cricut Expression and Home Decor cartridge.  Trim the left edge from it, and adhere them to the front of the card.  Accent the chandelier cuts with jewels.  Add the sentiment to the upper right corner of the cream cardstock using rub-on letters. 

Well, Casey has officially finished high school, as today was the last day of classes!  We leave super early tomorrow morning to watch him compete in his very last state competition this weekend (track).  And then on Sunday he is officially & completely done with high school when he walks across that podium and gets his diploma.  I can't even put into words how proud we are of him.  The senior parents have hired me to photograph the graduation for them, but I just know that I am going to have some wet eyes behind that camera.  That's okay...I photograph weddings through happy tears for people I barely know...I can do the same for my brother and his classmates too!  I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it...time has flown by so quickly.  I remember holding him as a little baby....making him belly laugh as a toddler....being annoyed by him as a little boy....watching him test the waters as an adolescence....and from these past 19 years I now see this amazing and talented young man emerge.  And I am just his sister.  I can't imagine how my parents feel, and will feel on Sunday afternoon.

Well, I better get going for now.  I have a zillion things left to do and not much time to get them done in.  Talk to you later! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea   

10 comments

  1. Love your cards. Your stamping work is always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out absolutely gorgeous! Wow, you really do amazing cards and your work with stamps and rhinestones is always so recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and a huge congrats to your brother! Love the relationship you two have - reminds me of mine with my brother. Cheer him on for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the Dot Spot stamp set. The colors are amazing! And, I'm so glad you got to play along at 2S4Y this week! YAY! I LOVE your card! It's absolutely fabulous and the sentiment is SO cute with the chandelier! Have a wonderful weekend. You must be so excited and proud of your little brother. What a huge accomplishment!!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, Lea. Both of them. And, I agree that Howie Mandel will be a great (and hilarious) addition to America's Got Talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards (as always) and I really like your 'punny' sentiment too - so clever :)
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing Lea! I love the bold colors!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I love your creativity! Very inspiring!


    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Dot Spot card!! The colors, the "flow" of the dots! Very cool looking card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥