Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 42

August 8, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!  Wow...I feel like I have been completely MIA lately!  And I actually pretty much have been.  The past two weeks all of my posts have been scheduled, and they were scheduled about 3 weeks ago.  I was gone for our fun "Hocker Girls Week" the week before last, and this past week I have just been busy with some other projects.  I haven't been able to visit my favorite blogs, and didn't even really see any posts from CHA...so I feel a little out of the loop!  I will catch up though...I always do!

Well, after a needed week off....this Sunday gets back on schedule with Curtain Call Color Challenge 42 courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!  Here are the colors for the week!
 Along with using these fabulous colors, I also used Clean & Simple: 102 for it.  Love this fun sketch that they created this week....as always! :)
"Apple of my Eye" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (A is for Apple, Roots & Wings add-on)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: moss green, chestnut, topaz) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Buttons: Basic Grey
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold brown dotted paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a vanilla cardstock block, and punch three circles to the top of it.  Stamp the sentiment to the middle of the cardstock block, below the punched circles. Stamp the apples to a separate cardstock strip, and adhere it to the front so the apples will show through the punched circles.  Adhere the punched block to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Tie twine through 3 buttons, and accent the circles with them.  Finish by adding three jewels below the sentiment. 

Be sure to check out what the other ladies came up with, including our fabulous August guest designer!  And I sure hope that you will play along! ♥♥♥ 

21 comments

  1. darling design, Lea! love the windows:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super sweet, I luv the design and style....have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, those apples are so cute. I love your gorgeous and darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this, although I'm not surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your plaid apples and how you have them behind your cut-out circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dimension on this card. Have enjoyed browsing your blog too. You've definitely sold summer in Montana to me - it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous design....I love the little windows as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the CAS sketch. Love how you punched out the circles for the apples. Great card as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color challenge - it's on my list for the week! Your card turned out so well! Love how you spiced up that layout a little bit with the extra popped up layer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the colors used and those apples are super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally sweet and clever! You rocked the sketch, and these appleas are awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the clean look of your card! I am always envious of those who pull it off so well and you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card, awesome design, I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect use of these fall-like colors, Lea! I love this clean and simple design and those cute buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You inspire me every week! What a super card! I just love all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling card! I love those plaid apples, too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just too darn cute Lea- love it!! you are so skilled with positioning the circles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cute, Lea! LOVE the punched out circles with the stamped design in them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! The apples are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥