Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 43

August 15, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!!  Of course, I have my card for Curtain Call Color Challenge 43 today, courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!!  Want to hear something funny....I totally had my card done for the actual reveal time of midnight last night (or eleven my time.)  Well, I thought I did anyways.  I had next week's card done, actually.  Tee hee- I totally pulled up the wrong set of colors.  Sigh- I was too tired to get another card done, so I waited until this morning to do my card with this week's actual colors!  I guess at least I am now a week ahead of the game!  Without further ado, here are the colors for THIS week! :)
And here is my card using these fabulous colors!!  I also used Waltzingmouse sketch #10 for it....a great one that can be used so many times and will look so different each time!
"There is No One Like You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: October Afternoon
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Larkspurs
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: royal blue) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Ribbon: Offray & Sons
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Flowers: Recollections
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Round the corners of a floral paper block, and adhere to the front of a blue card base.  Cut the scalloped circle at 4" from orange dot paper using the Cricut Expression and Storybook cartridge.  Adhere the circle to the middle of the card.  Cut the circle at 3.5" from white cardstock, and stamp the flowers & sentiment to the front of it.  Adhere the circle to the middle of the card using foam adhesive.  Tie a bow from blue dotted ribbon, and tie a button to the middle using twine.  Adhere the bow accent to the upper left corner of the circles.  Add three paper flowers to the lower right corner of the circle, and accent three of the stamped flowers with orange jewels. 

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have done with these colors...it will be pure eye candy!!  ♥♥♥ 

32 comments

  1. beautiful card. I love the Flowers and the jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my!! This literally took my breath away when it popped up on my screen - absolutely STUNNING! Love the year of flowers sets and you've really shown this one off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! beautiful job Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Lea! love that big blue bow:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fabulous... love that OA paper (used that same sheet yesterday!), a juicy bow, and silhouette larkspurs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, I did the same thing...I'm still working on my card. Yours is stunning! Guess you work well under pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lea! The lil' dew drops are such a nice touch & that orange flower is wonderful! Really pops right off the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a really BEAUTIFUL card, it has all come together perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought some of these mini prima flowers while on vacation and I'm in love with them. It's fun to see you using them :)
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, the colours work so well together, and love the larkspur stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that I am not the only one to do silly things!! At least you are all set for next week! This weeks card is fabulous, love the flowers, I can't wait to get my hands on them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those fun bright colors! gorgeous stamped image! And that bow...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those bright and cheery colours and you did a wonderful job with them. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Lea! the outline flower, your pretty roses and nice colors! Thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! I love the simple stamped image contrasted with the patterned paper & flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply stunning! The way you worked these colours is amazing...anything with Pacific Point in it throws me. Beautiful design and execution. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so pretty! Your bow is perfect and the trio of flowers are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so pretty, Lea! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it Lea, that splash of orange with the other colors is so perfect! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Lea! I really struggled with this colour combo ... but this is how it REALLY should be done! Perfect balance of all the colours! Just gorgeous! Thanks for popping by my blog to encourage me. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi..you won the mini kit on my blog...you need to send me you address so i can get it sent to you...Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Lea! Gorgeous, bold and beautiful! I love the trio of flowers and dew drops -perfection. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Lea! Love the fact that you didn't colour your image! It really makes it stand out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your card Lea!!! Perfect interpretation of the CC colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card, congrats on your top tree WMS win.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply lovely, Lea! Congratulations on your Top Mouse award! Totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful colours on your card - love the bow and button detail and the nice clean stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on your top mouse award! what a stunning, bright and cheerful card. love how you used the flowers as a reoccuring theme in all you did - stamping, pp, and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is sooo cute! Always love blue & orange together; should use it more often myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. There are so many beautiful things to look at on this card, and they all gel together perfectly...love the uncolored image, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥