Taylored Expressions April "Blast from the Past" Blog Hop

April 20, 2011

Happy Wednesday, everyone!! Welcome to this month's Taylored Expression "Blast from the Past" blog hop!! This month's theme is clean and simple...and I decided to use one of my tried and true themes/designs for it....rainbows!!

I often use a similar design concept when bringing the rainbow theme into a card, and it just happens to really work well.  Here is what I created!
"Friends are Flowers...." supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white) & Bazzill Basics (yellow)
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (Friendship Blooms set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet, orange, canary, lime, aqua, heliotrope, raven black) 
Jewels/Button: Doodlebug Designs
Twine: May Arts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the flowers in a rainbow pattern across the top of the card, and accent the middles with a matching colored jewel.  Stamp the sentiment to a yellow cardstock strip, and cut a flag shaped end.  Adhere the sentiment strip to the right side of the card.  Tie a twine bow through a button, and then adhere to the sentiment strip to finish. 

Speaking of rainbow cards, if you frequent my blog at all....you might know that I created a fun rainbow themed card using twine for the Lawn Fawn release of "Smitty's ABCs".  Well, that card got a bit of recognition, and I wanted to share that with you.  First off...it was a daily feature in the 2Peas gallery on the day it was posted, and then Kristina also included it in the April 12th Newsletter!!  There also happened to be a twine challenge at Wee Memories that same week, and I entered the card in for it. 
Well, I was picked as the "Top Hoot" and won a prize package from The Twinery!!  Yay!! Who knew one little card would be so popular...you just never know what people are going to love!

Anyways, be sure to check out all of the rest of the blogs on the hop...I know that I am about to grab a cup of coffee and sit down for a bit!!♥♥♥





Until later,
~Lea L.

Want to join in next month?



Blast from the Past Blog Hop

28 comments

  1. Wow! This is fabulous! I absolutely love your flower rainbow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea I absolutely L*O*V*E this!!!!!Cute! Cute! Cute!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea...it's perfect! I love how you do this rainbow thing...so wonderful and pretty and classic. WOW! I'm bookmarking this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this CAS card Lea! The rainbow flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything with rainbow colors, and this card is simply DELIGHTFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful Lea! LOVE the rainbow look...I am SO totally going to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clean and simple - what amazing work! This is just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is fantastic! I LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously THE BOMB! (do people even say that anymore??) I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful row of colorful flowers Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea this is so pretty and so CAS! How did you get the row of flowers stamped so straight? CAS perfection here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that it is so vibrant and colorful and yet CAS :)
    Sweet card!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOO simple! That is amazing!
    Love it and that quote it TRUE!!!!!
    I live on that:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Congrats on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful idea!! You are so creative, love the inspiration. Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! This is such a fabulous CAS design...the rainbow of flowers is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. and again... I love it !!!!!

    Kind regards Cornelie

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA! This is AWESOME. Seriously, I love it. SO CLEAN and bright and happy. Really, thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw this on the newsletter... So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lea--this card is amazing! Love the rainbow, the polka dots, and the jewels! What a great card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lea, that is supersweet! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful and cheerful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥