You are Loved

April 19, 2011

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend, and a great start to your week!  It has been a little slow at my blog, and for the next couple of weeks it is going to stay that way.  We are getting ready to leave for a week at Big Sky with Josh's parents this Friday, and I have a lot to do to get ready to go.  So- sorry if posts are a bit sparse!  I hope you will still enjoy what I do get to post, and will come back once I am home!!

Today I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  It is also my card for CPS Sketch #214, and I used the colors from CR84FN24 (light blue, aqua, cream).  This is what I came up with!
"You are Loved" Supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (aqua) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Hoopla: Pipework, Polka, Zebra) 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (A Warm Hello set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: aqua) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: May Arts
Button: Papertrey Ink
Flowers: Recollections
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & International Greetings USA
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Die: Spellbinders (Parisian Accents)

Instructions:  Fold aqua cardstock in half and round the bottom corners.  Layer a strip of damask paper to the bottom of a cream paper block, and round the bottom corners.  Add three dotted squares of paper on an angle to the middle of the damask paper block, and tie ribbon around the seam.  Adhere the entire piece to the card front.  Stamp the sentiment and circle border to vintage cream cardstock, then diecut.  Adhere to the lower right corner of the card with foam adhesive, and accent the right side with jewels.  Add flowers to the left side, and to the middle of the bow.  Stitch a button to the front using twine to finish.

So, on Saturday I got to see my bro!  It had been SO long since I last saw him (like my birthday in January?!)....and I was so excited!  I got to watch him play a bit of scrimmage football, and I got to see his championship ring.  It is amazing and ginormous...here is a shot of it: 
How cool is that?!  As a {much} older sister, I have always hoped and prayed that his dream's would come true.  And here he is...playing football in college and getting a ring his first year.  I have been watching him turn into this amazing man during his first year of college, and I can't help but believe that in some way football and being at this small private college has helped bring it out in him.  Casey is right where he should be, and pretty much everything that has happened in his life this year proves that.  I am just so proud of him, and the person he continues to become! Love you, brother! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

9 comments

  1. Яка чудова відкритка! Колір гарний, мені сподобався :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, you card is so pretty! LOVE the design and the three squares on their sides! Also LOVED seeing your brother's championship ring. THX for playing at CR84FN and THX for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS card! And love the glimpse of the awesome championship ring!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love how you used the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Lea. I love the patchwork look and pretty bling. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CR84FN! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lea! Love the patch work quilt and the fancy tag! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card - so pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, as always! Love the patchwork. :) Can't believe your little bro is in college. That ring is amazing and you must be soooooo proud!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥