WPlus9 April Release 2011: Group Post

April 1, 2011

Well, tonight is the night!!  It is the last day of release week at WPlus9.  The stamps and die are up and available for purchase in the WPlus9 Store, so be sure to head on over and pick up what your heart has been fancying this week.  We all have one more sample to share with you this week for the final group post, and it is sure to be some pure eye candy!

I did another card featuring the "Filigreed Frames" set.  I utilized the frame in a vertical format again, which seemed to get your attention in yesterday's post...I am so happy you liked it!  I also paired it with some of the latest Glitz Design papers, which I just utterly adore.  And last, but definitely not least...I used the Viva la Verve! March 2011 Sketch #5 for my card.  Here is what I came up with!
"For All That You Do" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream, kraft) 
Paper/Tulle: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: Floral, Stripe, Rose, Butterflies)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames set, Labels Layer 1 Die
Ink: CTMH (Pigment: vanilla cream) & Clearsnap (roussillon, chestnut)
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Lace: craft supply
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Flowers: Recollections & Michael's brand
Border Punch: Fiskars 
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut an orange paper block slightly smaller, and sand the edges.  Punch an apron lace border to striped paper and adhere to a block of rose paper.  Sand the edges and adhere to the bottom of the orange paper block.  Zig zag stitch along the outside of the entire block, and adhere to the card front.  Add the green crocheted trim to the left side of the card, and then tie brown tulle around the seam.  Diecut and stamp the sentiment frame, and adhere to the front of the card.  Thread a button with twine, and then tie around a calla lily floral bunch.  Adhere the flower accent to the middle of the tulle bow, and then accent with an orange paper rose.  Add three jewels to the bottom right of the floral accent.  Cut two butterflies from patterned paper, and adhere to the sentiment tag.  Add a strip of pearls to the middle of each butterfly to finish. 

Well, I really hope that you have enjoyed my first release week as a WPlus9 design team member!  I know that I have had a ton of fun this week using these new stamps, and I foresee myself using them a lot more in the coming weeks!!  Thanks so much for coming along on this new journey with me, and I hope that you will continue to stop by my blog when the weeks aren't as exciting! :)  And now, don't forget to check out what all the other amazing WPlus9 girls have come up with for the group post, as I know it will be a treat!! 

Savitri Wilder - www.scrapbit.com
April Guest Designer: Paulina Nakamura - www.prettypinkposh.blogspot.com
I hope that you have a wonderful Friday, that is packed with fun!! ♥♥♥ 
Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. Okay. I'm speechless! {That RARELY happens! EVER! heh heh} THIS CARD - seriously.... I could just gaze upon it... and feel sooooooooo happy! OMG! It is SO fun to have you designing for W9 - YOUR ability to command such diverse materials into a fabulous piece of crafty magic, simply makes my heart skip! {The rest of me, too!} FANTASTIC work, here, and throughout the W9 release! LOVE it, dear! So happy to be getting to know your amazing talent a bit more, via these glorious stamps, sisterhood and fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Lea!! Do you just have a mountain of those doodlebug jewels?? ;) They are just so sparkly, I love them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly fab!! Love all the bits you made during the previews!! Off to the shop!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What absolute, shabby chic scrumptiousness! LOVE all your glorious details, especially your ribbon cluster! Fantastic release, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! I am in love with this gorgeous confection! Such a pretty card and every last detail is wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Lea... as always!!!! Fantastic details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Lea! Like your stlye so much! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! The colors are just AMAZING! I *need* some of the patterned paper you used...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea I love this card.. It's stunning. Will have to check out those stamps and dies... Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I'll be back to view some more of your work. It is breathtaking!
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, I'm sooooo thrilled you're on the WPlus9 team - their stamps are beautiful and I'm really looking forward to you working your creative genius with them! This is gorgeous - your eye for detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥