"Smitty's ABCs" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek!

April 11, 2011

Hi there, everyone!!  Are you excited for day 3 of the April Lawn Fawn sneak peeks?!  I think the design team did an amazing job with Fanciful Frames yesterday, and there were so many different styles and uses of them!!  Gotta love that!

Today we are showcasing a brand new alphabet set that I just know you are going to love!!  It has a bit of a typewriter look to it, and is really clean as well!!  Scrapbookers- this set will be perfect for journaling, and adding subtitles to your layouts.  Card makers- you can create pretty much ANY sentiment you could ever want with this set, and that is just awesome!!  It would look really awesome inside of a Fanciful Frame as well....just sayin'. Tee hee!

I chose to utilize the stamp set by itself on a card, and I just love how it turned out.  It was time to break out my favorite rainbow theme, and channel my CAS side.  I also just got some new twine in the mail, and I wanted to play around with it.  I used Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday #6 again for this one, and I love how completely different this card looks from the other one....that is what I love about sketches!!  They can be used over and over again, and you will never get the same result twice! It also fits the Wee Memories Challenge #51 again, which is to use twine.  Well, this one REALLY fits that challenge...tee hee!  And last but definitely not least, Lily Pad Cards "Kathy's Color Throw Down" is all kinds of rainbow goodness...and my card fits it perfectly!!  Here is what I came up with:
"You Color My World" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (red) & Papertrey Ink (white) 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Smitty's ABCs set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white)
Twine: The Twinery
Jewels/Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest) 

Instructions: Fold red cardstock in half to make card base.  Punch an upper crest border to the bottom of white cardstock block, and adhere an aqua scalloped paper frill to the top.  Tie size pieces of rainbow colored twine around the block, and arrange as shown.  Stamp the sentiment to the bottom of the card, and then adhere the entire twine block to the front.  Accent the lower right corner with a rainbow of jewels to finish. 

I am really excited to see what all the other design team members have created with Smitty's ABCs!  There is so much that can be done with this stamp set, and I bet we are going to see a ton of different styles and uses....so be sure to check out what everyone has done!! 

And don't forget that the Lawn Fawn blog always has some amazing giveaways during release week!!  Here is where you can win so far...be sure to follow the commenting instructions!!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

32 comments

  1. This card is so cool, Lea! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful is this! Love those little rainbow bows. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever use of twine and all it's colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so incredible good with rainbow colours. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card!!! I love how the bling matches the twine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fun! Love all of the colors of twine and rhinestones you combined! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful, fun card!:)
    Linda J

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is AMAZING! I just saw that it was featured on the Two Peas newsletter that came out today too! :) Love, love, LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what u did with the baker's twine. What a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this card! That twine is PERFECT, and those rhinestones are awesome! I have such a huge smile on my face looking at this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A simple idea with a great result!!!! Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely FABulous, Lea!!! What a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card - I love your use of the twine! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lily Pad Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is also one of my faves! LOVE all those perfect twine bows :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always amaze me with your incredible use of color, Miss Lea....this is fantastic...and you must have stock in Doodlebug jewels...I have never seen so many and you have billions of them; so fun....just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, I love the fabulous twine on your card! What a fun way to incorporate lots of color. I'm so happy you joined us in the Lily Pad Cards pond!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  18. So bright and happy and cheerful! I love how you've used the twine in this - and the little row of bling is PERFECT! (I just received a copy of the new CardMaps book today - and really enjoyed your beautiful cards in there! - Your work is always so inspiring!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo cute! LOVE IT!! :) :) :) glad you could play along with us!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Cute, Cute, Cute! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely fabulous, Lea!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Lea,
    The simplicity of your card is perfection. Love it to bits. Thanks for playing along with the "Color Throw down Challenge” at Lily Pad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥