"Happily Ever After" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek!

April 9, 2011

Hello, my friends!!  Tonight marks the start of sneak peeks for the Lawn Fawn April release!!  I know that I am excited, so I hope that you are too!

Up first is the new set called "Happily Ever After", and I am sure you can tell by the title...it is a wedding themed stamp set.  I used the dress image and one of the sentiments from the set, and I can't get over how fun dressing up the dress was!!  I loved using the rose paper, and glittering just the top half...how pretty would a dress like this be in real life?!  I also used Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #42 for my card, and it was the perfect fit!  It also fits the Wee Memories Challenge #51 to use twine, which was just the perfect little addition to my country chic wedding card!! Here is what I came up with!
"Congrats" supplies: 
Cardstock/Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Paper/Jewel: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: Rose, Floral)
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Happily Ever After set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut) 
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pin: Maya Road
Flower: Recollections
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt

Instructions:  Fold vintage cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Layer a block of vellum to a floral paper block, and zig-zag stitch along the seam.  Adhere the entire paper piece to the card front, and tie ribbon around the bottom.  Stamp the sentiment to a vintage cream cardstock strip, and adhere around a clear topped pin.  Cut a flag shape to the end of it, and then adhere the entire piece to the card front.  Stamp the dress to patterned paper and cut out.  Mask off the dress bottom, and then cover the top in glitter.  Add a pearl strip to the middle of the dress, then adhere it to the card front, slightly overlapping the sentiment flag.  Tie a bow from twine, adhere to the middle of the ribbon bow, and then accent the middle with a clear jewel.  Accent the dress with a paper flower to finish.

Oh, how I know you are going to just love this stamp set!!  And I know that I can't wait to see what the other Lawn Fawn girls came up with...and here is a list so you can check them out too! 

And don't forget that the Lawn Fawn blog always has some amazing giveaways during release week!!  Here is where you can win so far...be sure to follow the posting comments!!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

29 comments

  1. This is super cute! I love the details you added to the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And yes, I'd love a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a GORGEOUS card, Lea!! :o) That dress is a stunner [love the glitter!], and I like how you softened the background with vellum! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH so beautiful! I love the softness of your patterned paper with the vellum overlay and the way you've added shimmery elements. So unbelievably elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is just beautiful, love it!
    Also love the shimmery element, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the vellum stitched over the backing paper - such a soft effect. The dress is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is SO gorgeous! The velum is just the perfect touch & you've made this dress so pretty --- I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Чудова відкритка!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card! Love the glitter on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty. i love all the little touches on this card but especially the little flower. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, this is so cute! I love the paper pieced dress with the glittery top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Such a great way to introduce colour into a wedding card using the vellum over the DP. I am definitely going to start asking happy couples-to-be what their wedding colours are! TFS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh shimmery loveliness! Love the little trinket pin, the beautiful green bow, and all of that stitched detail. Great use of the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you hear the big thud from out West when someone opened your post? Yeppers, that was me! :) :)
    Seriously, Lea, I LOVE what you did with dress. It's so perfect and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, this is just too pretty!!! I love everything about it and the little sparkle on the dress is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job with this fun image - your use of vellum is fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the velum covered PP, and the details you added to the dress. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that elegant dress and the velleum overlay! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is TOO gorgeous! This is my favorite of all the cards this release! LOVE your use of vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Lea! Love the dress form image! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG GORGEOUS!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! this is stunning love the trinket pin! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabby creation, Lea! Thanks for playing with us girls at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful card Lea, love the vellum on it! so pretty!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥