WPlus9 Color Cue #14

April 15, 2011

Happy Friday, everyone!!  Are you excited for the weekend?  I know that I am!  My hubby has to work all weekend long, which is a bit of a bummer because his normal days off are Friday and Saturday.  But, it is the life of retail and we take it all in stride.  So- I am heading off for a day in Helena tomorrow!  First on the docket...to watch the bro play in the last spring scrimmage of the season.  Can't wait to watch him play, and just get to see him and my parents and Tara.  It has been forever!  It will just be a day trip though, and I will head home at some point!  Can't wait!

Today I have my first WPlus9 Color Cue post as a design team member.  Here is the awesome color combo that we are challenging you with:
Of course, you can add in white/cream as a helpful neutral!  I just adore this color combo...it is one of my faves!! The paper I used is a scrap leftover from one of my favorite pieces of Hambly Screen Prints paper...and was so happy that I found a use for it!!  I also used Clean & Simple Stamping FTL #135 for my card...which was last week's sketch.  I am a little late on it...but I think that is probably okay! Tee hee!  Here is what I created:
"Best Wishes" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, vintage cream) 
Paper: Hambly Screen Prints (Vintage Plaid)
Stamps/Die: WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames set, Labels Layer Die 1)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, cranberry, turquoise) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design & Webster's Pages (bloomers) 
Jewels: Glitz Design (red) & Doodlebug Designs (brown) 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Diecut the label shape from a block of patterned paper, and round the bottom corners.  Cover the the back with vintage cream cardstock, and adhere to the card front.  Stamp the label outline and the sentiment to the cream cardstock, and accent with a brown jewel and turquoise pearls.  Adhere a strip of red bloomers across the top of the diecut frame, and then accent with a turquoise bow and a red jewels. 

Don't forget to see what all the other WPlus9 gals have come up with as well!!  I am sure it will be amazing! ♥♥♥

Savitri Wilder - www.scrapbit.com
April Guest Designer: Paulina Nakamura - www.prettypinkposh.blogspot.com
Until later,
~Lea L.

12 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Lea! LOVE all your gorgeous trims and smattering of bling! Way to ROCK your first Color Cue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty! This is just stunning, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo! and that print paper is the coolest. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, this card is BEAUTIFUL! I love every single thing about it- but those Webster Bloomers are my fav! I've been seeing them everywhere lately....might have to finally pick some up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these colors together. Some of my favs! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo pretty!!!! Love the colors too!! My hubby's been working lots on weekends too. A bummer but he got last Friday off so it was a treat. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful Lea. I love your color selection. I have given you an award. You can pick it up at my blog. Congratulations! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! That card is seriously stunning - so beautiful. Great work!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEOWZA, girl! THIS card is DELICIOUS! I am smitten with this combo, myself - AND add a vibrant splash-o-HAMBLY! Yipeeeee! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about ! This is GORGEOUS! Sure makes me glad we have this EXCELLENT sport! Thanks for the terrific mojo and contribution to the COLOR cue, indeed! So HAPPY you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, love this color combo. Such a lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so in love with this card Lea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥