{WPlus9} All Eyes On...You!

June 19, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  Sorry I have been absent in blog land lately, after how crazy the beginning of last week was...I just kind-of lost my mojo and haven't felt like being in my craft room!  I finally felt the inclination to create something, which is definitely a good thing!!

For the June "All Eyes On" feature at WPlus9, we have chosen a card from the WPlus9 Flikr gallery, and "cased" it!!  The gallery is FULL of amazing projects, and I chose THIS little lovely by Sarah Martina Parker.  I obviously took some creative freedoms, but I think you can still tell that my card is definitely inspired by it!!  I also used the Play Date Cafe Challenge #86 for the colors of my card {Hollyhock, Sky Blue & Orange}.  The inspiration photos (both Sarah's card and the PDCC graphic are at the end of the post if you want to check them out!
"For a Special Aunt" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (aqua) & Papertrey Ink (smooth white)
Paper: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: Floral) & My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane: Uniquely You) 
Stamps: WPlus9 (A Special Lady set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, chestnut, old rose)
Transparency: Glitz Design
Flowers: Prima (champagne roses) & Recollections
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Lace: Making Memories
Pin: Maya Road
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Sewing Machine/Thread

Instructions: Make card from aqua cardstock, and ink the edges in frost white.  Ink the edges of a pink block and an orange block of patterned paper with frost white.  Adhere the two papers together, and zig zag stitch along the edge.  Ink the edges of a rose paper block, and adhere to the bottom half of the stitched block.  Wrap white eyelet lace around the seam, and then adhere the entire block to the card front.  Ink the edges of a transparency in frost white, and then adhere to the front.  Tie a bow from aqua dotted ribbon, and adhere to the bottom right side of the transparency.  Cut a banner shaped end to a white cardstock strip, and then stamp the sentiment to it.  Wrap the sentiment banner around the base of a pin, and stick through the bow.  Accent the middle of the bow with a paper rose, and the sentiment banner with pearls.  Add two fabric roses to the upper left corner of the transparency, and then accent the middles with pearls to finish.

What I love about this stamp set is that it allows you to create custom cards for ALL the special women in your life!  I am blessed in this life with many wonderful, amazing, and super special aunts...and I am so happy that I can create a custom card just for them.  These are women I have looked up to my whole life...women who I still look up to.  Creating this card makes me want to create a custom one for each aunt....just so she knows how much I love her!  Guess I better to get on that...it could take me awhile (seriously...I have 8 aunts)!! Tee hee! :)

Don't forget to check out what all the other WPlus9 gals have created!!  It is sure to be a treat!

Well my friends, I better get going for now!  I think my mojo is coming back, so I am sure my posting will be back on schedule now!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

Inspiration Photos

17 comments

  1. GORGEOUS work. Feeling much like tha my self actually...needed a break from my scrap area...

    ReplyDelete
  2. always a treat to see your latest card creations , Lea ! love the colors & details here !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea! that is sooooo pretty and I also love that inspiration card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super fun way to use a transparency, and I'm swooning over that sentiment flag, anchored on your gorgeous stick pin! Beautiful CASE! Oh! And thanks so much for including the current color story over at The Play Date Cafe! LOVE to see your work in our gallery! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! SO many GORGEOUS details to adore in this beauty!!!Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I've never seen an aunt-stamp before, but I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lea, this is fabulous! What missing mojo?? I love the vintage look and all of your pretty little details. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe (and for leaving me some love at my blog too!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the peach and blue color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous! love the way you used the colors and the bit of eyelet is wonderful! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! You should probably check out my blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling...but once I start crafting...it's so hard to stop! I SWEAR it's my "Creative Therapy" sometimes I get lost in the whole world of it! This card is GORGEOUS Lea and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors - DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to add "a VERY special Aunt!" Since, the AUNT who receives this exquisite lil' number is going to feel AMAZING! WONDERFUL work, Lea! I'm sorry the mojo is being illusive, but just taking a stroll through your VAST and creative output, just recently... I can see that mojo THRIVING! Hang in there, baby! Your work is SPECTACULAR as ever! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Lea!! I LOVE the use of the transparency!! And your colors and embellishments are all fabulous!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome job Lea!! This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card filled with lots of beauty...so so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I just love the different cards you made!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥