Thanks So Much!

June 10, 2011

Happy Friday, everyone!!  I hope you have had a wonderful day so far!!  I have been editing some photos today, and also going through all of my photos from Africa and trying to get them organized so I can actually post them online finally.  I will let you know when I post them, but I imagine it will be next week some time. 

I have a card to share with you today.  It is my card for CPS Sketch #220 that I haven't posted yet...I had too much going on last week and never found a time for it.  So, I am finally posting it now!  My card also fits CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #6, which is a Tic Tac Toe board!!  You pick a row of items, and they have to be used on your card.  I picked the row with gems/dies or punches/flowers.  It also fits Pals Paper Arts #97, to showcase your signature style. 
"Thanks So Much!" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Glitz Deisgn (Love Nest: Damask & Hoopla: Frames) 
Stamps: Gina K Designs (The Giving Tree set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dune, turquoise, dusty plum, chestnut)
Trim: Maya Road (flower) & craft supply (crocheted)
Twine: Darice Inc.
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Punch: Creative Memories

Intructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut pink damask paper slightly smaller, and adhere to the card front.  Round the corners of an aqua paper block, and just the top corners of a vintage cream cardstock block.  Layer the two together, then stamp the tree image & sentiment to it.  Adhere the entire stamped block to the card front.  Add a strip of crocheted lace and floral ribbon over top of the seam.  Tie a bow from twine and adhere it to the second flower on the ribbon strip.  Accent the stamped bird's nest and the bow middle with pearls to finish.

In other photography news, I posted a maternity session that I did on my business blog this week!!  It is my first maternity shoot, and would love to hear what you think!  Just click on the photo and it will take you to the blog post....leave me a comment there if you have a moment as I would love to hear your thoughts!! 
Well, that is all I have to share with you today!!  I hope that you have a wonderful weekend...and hopefully I will get a chance to create so I can post over the weekend!!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

18 comments

  1. Such a lovely card and the photo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lea. The images and colors are so pretty. The ribbon is gorgeous.
    Love your photo. It is the perfect pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is as charming as can be, Lea! I love your placement of the pearls and the colors are simply delicious! SO glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card and the photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I love it...so bright and happy! Love the colours you have used. Again..thanks for always listing the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! This is absolutely wonderful!! Love the pearls in the nest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a sweet card but the sweetest part of it is those adorable little pearls in the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I love the pearls. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love those "eggs"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunningly beautiful, as always! Adore the nest on the swing - amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of you beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pearl eggs are such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous as always! Happy to see you at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Lea, to me by the view of the picture, it looks pretty much a happy picture with pregnancy feeling, need to have security from someone close..that's all...it's a good picture with lots of meaning ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. and I forgot nearly about your beautiful card..I love the lace and little roses as border..that is my first glance of your card...love the colors as well...so relaxing..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply adorable!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice card! I'm loving the tree stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥