WPlus9 Color Cue {16}

June 14, 2011

Hi there, everyone!!  Are you still keeping up with me right now?  I know that I have posted SO much stuff this week, and tonight is no exception.  I have two posts right in a row for you, so be sure to check them both out.

First up, we have a new Color Cue challenge up at the WPlus9 Blog and it is a fantastic color combo!  You are going to just love it!!  Very vibrant and gorgeous!
I did choose to use these fabulous colors in conjunction with quite a bit of neutral, and I love how it turned out.  I also used the Mojo Monday Sketch #195 to help with the design of my card!  Here is what I created:
"For A Special Grandmother" supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Company (purple) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Webster's Pages (Seaside Retreat 6x6 paper pad)
Stamps: WPlus9 (A Special Lady & Filigreed Frames sets)
Steel Die: WPlus9 (Label Layers 1)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, turquoise, eggplant) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design (red dot) & Webster's Pages (green rose) 
Flowers: Recollections
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from purple cardstock.  Cut a patterned paper block slightly smaller and adhere to the front.  Adhere a strip of green rose trim across the middle of the card.  Diecut a label from vintage cream cardstock using a steel die and Cuttlebug.  Stamp the flourish frame and sentiment to the label cut, and adhere to the middle of the rose trim.  Tie a bow from red dotted ribbon, and adhere to the lower left corner of the label cut.  Add two paper flowers to the middle of the red bow.  Adhere three coordinating jewels to the upper right corner to finish.

I know that this probably isn't a typical paper you would use on a card for your grandma, but as I kept looking through my paper supply I kept coming back to this piece.  I think because all of my grandma's would love it, and it made me think of them every time I picked it up.  So- I used it!!  Tee hee!!

Here is a list of the rest of the WPlus9 designers, so you can check out what they have created for this fabulous Color Cue challenge!! 
 I hope that you enjoyed this creation, and all the others that I have been posting like crazy this week!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

5 comments

  1. So many gorgeous trims and embellishments! Gorgeous work, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of COURSE Granny is going to LOVE this! It's positively mouth-watering, Lea! GOSH, girl - when you get your crafty ON - Meow! This is SUCH fun and fabulous use of color and, of course, Dawn's delightful stamps! You have me twitching with crafty excitement - this is plum-GORGOEUS! {Pun, intended! Lol!} Craft ON, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so so pretty!!! I love all the girlie things added on to this card and the colors... you used the colors oh so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an eye-catching card! Love your use of the colours, and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥