You're Simply Amazing

June 21, 2011

Happy Tuesday, everyone!! I hope your day is going wonderfully so far.  I have TWO cards to share with you today!!  I normally don't put more than one card in a blog post, and I should probably just hold on to one to share tomorrow or something...but I just love them both and want to share them NOW!  Tee hee!

My first card is for Stamper's Dream.  I was looking through all my JustRite stamps, and found two sets that I hadn't used yet.  And I LOVE them, so it is a pity that they haven't been inked up yet!!  The sets will be named and linked below, and if you love them...it looks as though there is just ONE of each set left in the store.  So, be sure to head on over and pick them up if you want them!!

It is also my card for CPS Sketch #223 this week, and I also used the Ribbon Reel Challenge #4 (inspiration photo + blue/kraft/black/grey or silver).  Here is what I came up with!
"You're Simply Amazing" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: GCD Studios (Ella Blue: Hallie, Tara) 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (You Inspire Me and Fancy Nested Frames sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, peacock) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Kraft Envelope: Maya Road
Flowers: Making Memories & Prima
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut three blocks of patterned paper as shown.  Distress ink and sand the edges, then layer to the front of the card.  Ink the edges of a kraft envelope with frost white ink.  Stamp flourishes to the top of the envelope, and in the rounded corners of the flap.  Adhere the kraft envelope to the card front, and then adhere ribbon through the top of it, leaving the flap hanging over it.  Hinge the envelope together, and then accent with pearls.  Tie a bow from the same ribbon, and then cluster together with a brown tulle and white velvet flower in the upper corner of the envelope.  Cut a 2" circle from vintage cream cardstock using the Cricut Expression and Storybook cartridge.  Distress ink the edges, then stamp the flourished circle and sentiment to the middle of it.  Accent the tag with pearls, and then adhere it to the card, tucked up into the flowers & bow.   

My second card of the day uses My Favorite Thing's Wednesday Sketch #24 to help with the design.  I also created it for The Shabby Tea Room #67 (inspiration photo + polka dots and/or gingham).  Here is what I created!  And I had to come in and add a little something..when I showed this to my husband this afternoon, he said it looked like Strawberry Shortcake!  I love that!!  And I definitely loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little....and now I wish the card smelled like her! Tee hee!
"Do You Know How Much I Love You" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (So Sophie: Consistent Ledger and Quite Contrary: Engaging Gingham)
Stamps: My Favorite Things (Clearly Sentimental about Mothers and Notched Tag Die & Stamp sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: old rose, cranberry) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black and Versamagic: pixie dust) & Tim Holtz (Distress Ink: antique linen)
Ink Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: May Arts
Flower: Prima 
Felt: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) & Provo Craft (leaves) 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Doily: Wilton
Lace Trim: vintage craft supply
Steel Dies: My Favorite Things (Dienamics Butterflies) & Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #4)

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Distress ink a paper doily, and adhere to the right side of a red gingham paper block.  Cut a block of polka dot paper, and adhere to the left side of the doily.  Add a strip of off-white crocheted trim to the bottom of the card, and then tie ribbon around the seam.  Stitch a button around the bow center using twine.  Adhere the entire block to the card front.  Diecut a label from ledger paper, stamp the sentiment to the bottom of it and adhere over top of the ribbon.  Diecut a tag from vintage cream cardstock, and then stamp it.  Diecut a heart from the middle of it, and then adhere the tag tucked slightly into the bow.  Adhere the diecut heart to the middle of the sentiment label and accent with pearls.  Adhere the felt leaves and flower to the upper corner of the sentiment label.  Diecut a butterfly from vintage cream felt, adhere next to the flower, and then accent with pearls to finish.

Well, I hope that you have liked the two cards I had to share today!!  And I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!! ♥♥♥  

Until later,
~Lea L.

12 comments

  1. Two beautiful cards, I love the creamy tones for your ribbon Reel card, it's just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous. Love all the texture. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, beautiful, soft and shabby design this week for The Ribbon Reel's current challenge - love it! Thanks for joining us :)

    Your card for the Tea Room is absolutely precious ... love those big polka dots and the bright, cheery colors - YUM!!! Thanks for sharing this creation with us all :)

    PS - be sure to only include your card for TSTR in your post in order to be considered for the weekly prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've managed to create such a soft and beautiful card using this weeks colours. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOTH are FABULOUS! Love the dots and gingham you put together for our challenge this week at the Tea Room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW and double WOW...you ARE such an inspiration! I LOVE the first one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh!!!! Lea!!! Both are so gorgeous!!!!! Love your style :-)Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Lea. The colors, the images... and the textures... just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥