You're Like a Sister to Me

June 7, 2011

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope that you have had a wonderful day so far!!  Right now I have a cute little yorkie sitting in my lap as I try and type this.  He just came in and gave me a little paw to my leg...apparently he is feeling a little neglected.  Tee hee!  Trust me...he is far from it- just spoiled like crazy!!

Well, after a couple posts of masculine cards..I have a very feminine card to share with you today!!  It is one of my monthly cards for Stamper's Dream, and I used a beautiful stamp set by JustRite Stampers for it.  The sentiment reminds me of one of my closest friends right now.  We haven't been lifelong friends by any means, as we have really only known each other for a couple of years.  But, she has really become like a sister to me...and she is one of my best friends.  We are so different from each other, but that is what I think makes our relationship special and unique.  Just like I would think a sister would be...

I created this for a few challenges as well!  First up, it is my card for CPS Sketch #221 this week.  I also used the colors from CR84FN31 (light pink, medium green, neutral), and the challenge from The Shabby Team Room #65 (Use Embossing- wet or dry).  Here is what I created!
"You're Like a Sister to Me" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (pink) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Pink Paislee (Butterfly Garden 6x6 pad) 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Because I Care set)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versamagic: pixie dust, aloe vera) & Tim Holtz (Distress Ink: antique linen)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous! (clear)
Ink Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Doily: Wilton
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Making Memories
Jewels: Glitz Design
Pins: Maya Road
Flower: Prima
Glitter: DecoArt
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridge: Plantin Schoolbook by Provo Craft
Sewing Machine/Thread

Instructions:  Fold vintage cream cardstock in half to create card base.  Cut three strips of patterned paper, distress ink the edges, zig-zag stitch around each strip and then adhere them to the front of the card.  Distress ink a white doily and adhere to the front.  Cover a chipboard frame in glitter, adhere a vintage image to the back of it, and adhere to the front.  Stamp, cover in clear embossing powder, and then heat set the label image.  Cut two ovals from cream & pink cardstock at 1" and 1 1/4" using the Cricut Expression.  Layer together and stamp the image to the smaller cream oval.  Adhere the sentiment oval to the middle of the wet embossed label, and then accent each edge with pink jewels.  Adhere the label to the bottom of the card, slightly overlapping the bottom of the chipboard frame.  Tie a green dotted bow, and stitch a button around the middle using twine.  Adhere to the left side of the frame & sentiment label.  Add two heart topped pins to the upper right corner of the frame, and then add a flower to it to finish.

Holy cow...I didn't realize how much stuff I put on this!!  That is a forever long supply list!!  Tee hee!  It doesn't seem like that much when you look at the card (well, to me it doesn't anyways)...but I thought I would never stop typing!! 

I also wanted to let you know that Christian Paper Crafts is sponsoring the weekly prize at CPS this week.  They are giving away a set of Spellbinders Nestabilities Eyelet Circles to one lucky winner this week!!  So, if you've got the time, be sure to create a card using this week's CPS sketch and get it linked up to the blog!!
 

Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a great rest of your day!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

18 comments

  1. absolutely sensational ..... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Lea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, soft and pretty, Lea! Thanks for sharing this little beauty with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovley card. Love how you incorporated the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea, that image is so SWEET! LOVE the frame and the prima rose and pins! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card!!! I love the stitching and the colors are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! The papers, sweet image and embellishements are perfect. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the vintage image and all the beautiful details! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Lea! I'm always inspired when I stop by! Thanks for your gorgeous cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet Lea! Love the vintage image and sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! SO pretty! Love that postage stamp glittered frame! Thanks for sharing with us The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is darling, Lea...gorgeous vintage accents, super glittery frame and soft, feminine colors. Just...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is perfect in everyway for a friend like that. LOVE how "girly" you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I JUST LOVE everything about this!!! The doily, the stitching, the precious heart stick pins.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥