For My #1 Dad

June 4, 2011

Happy Saturday, everyone!!  I hope this post finds you having a great weekend so far!  It is {finally} beautiful today, and is supposed to be the same tomorrow.  And then...it is supposed to get crappy again...yippee!  I am pretty much just sick to death of cold, icky weather right now...and ready for it to just be summer already!!  I guess I should really treasure these next two days, huh?

Today I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  It seems that the stamp set I used is currently out of stock, but I am sure that it will be in the store soon!! For now, I am going to give you a link to all the JustRite Stamper's product available at Stamper's Dream, as that is where it will be once available!!

I also created this as a sample for the "Get Your Glitz On" Challenge #3, which is a fabulous sketch this time around!!  We are offering up a fabulous prize, so be sure to grab your Glitz goodies, print out the sketch...and get to creating!!  It will be lots of fun, I promise!!  Wee Memories Challenge #59 is a free for all, so I am also including that challenge for this card as well!!  Here is what I created!
"For My #1 Dad" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (black) 
Paper/Stickers/Transparency/Diecut: Glitz Design (Love Games collection)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (You Are The Best set) & Glitz Design (Distressing set 3)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) & Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs (yellow) & Glitz Design (red, black)
Pin: Maya Road
Trim: craft supply
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold black cardstock in half to make card base.  Sand the edges of a slightly smaller paper block, and adhere to the front.  Adhere the transparent image to the upper right corner of the card.  Sand the edges of a calendar sticker and a vintage diecut image, and layer together over top of the transparency.  Adhere the yellow glitzer sticker to vellum, cut out, and adhere to the bottom left corner of the card.  Adhere two strips of trim to the bottom of the card.  Stamp the banner and sentiment to patterned paper, cut out and adhere together.  Fold the left side of the pennant over the base of a stick pin, and then adhere to the yellow frame.  Adhere two pennants and banner glitzer stickers to vellum, cut out and adhere as shown around the sentiment banner.  Add three yellow jewels to the top left of the vintage diecut.  Tie a bow from twine, adhere to the pin, and then cover the middle with a red jewel.  Add a strip of black jewels to the #1 in the sentiment. 

Thanks for taking the time to check out my latest creation!!  I hope you've enjoyed it!  Now...it is time for ME to go and enjoy some sunshine while we've got it!!  Have a great day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S. I have also had a couple of my cards recognized in some challenges lately!  All of the images link to the proper post, so check it out if you like!!


5 comments

  1. Love, love this! All the layering is fabulous - as always! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Fantastic details, layering and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your recognition! I'm not surprised it all---you are extremely talented. Love your card. It incorporates so many fun pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make beautiful cards... love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥