The Shabby Tea Room #71 Guest Designer!

July 17, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  Today I have some fun news to share with you!  Awhile back, I was asked to be a guest designer for The Shabby Tea Room, and this is my week to join in on the fun!!

The Shabby Tea Room challenge #71 is called "So Charming", and the challenge is to create a project using charms, and inspired by the challenge photo!  The photo will be posted below the instructions if you want to check it out!  I also used Viva la Verve July Week 3 sketch to help with the design of my card...I just love how it turned out!!
"Let's Celebrate" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper: Webster's Pages (Lullaby Lane 6x6 pack)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut) & Tim Holtz (Distress Ink: antique linen)
Ink Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Doily: Wilton
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Felt leaves: Provo Craft
Flower: Prima Marketing
Pins: Maya Road (clear) & Making Memories (green)
Charms: Maya Road
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Sewing Machine: Brother

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut patterned paper slightly smaller, and adhere to the front.  Add two strips of patterned paper to the left side, and then zig-zag stitch along three of the seams.  Distress ink a white doily, and adhere to the front.  Adhere a patterned paper image to the back of a chipboard frame, and then adhere to the right side of the doily.  Adhere the felt leaves and flower to the corner of the chipboard frame.  Add butterfly charms to two stick pins, and adhere them through the middle of the flower.  Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner, and then accent the chipboard frame with pearls to finish.
Inspiration Photo
While I did initially make this as a baby card, as I continued to look at it...I felt it could be used for other occasions as well!  So, I went with a more generic sentiment, and decided that it could be given at a baby shower, with a baby gift, as a whimsical birthday card, a congratulations card....the possibilities are endless!  Sophie's Sentiments is probably my favorite sentiment stamp set that I own...I love the whimsical script and it has a sentiment for most occasions!  I consider it a must have in any stamp collection, and hopefully you will too!

I hope you liked my card as the guest designer for The Shabby Tea Room this week!!  I hope that you will play along so I can see your fabulous creation! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

5 comments

  1. Stunning card Lea and I love your beautiful soft colour choise and design...truly fabulous cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love it, it's so gentle and whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lea!! Your cards are so woderful I love comming to visit for a peek!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lea. I love the lace flower and feminine papers. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea, this is so elegant! A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥