"Critters on the Farm": Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week

July 12, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  Welcome to the last day of the July Inspiration Week for Lawn Fawn!  Today we are showcasing the latest critter series called "Critters on the Farm".  My favorite thing to do with the critter series stamps is to paper piece them, as I am definitely not a coloring stamper.  So, that is what I did with my card today, and I think it turned out so cute!

I used Card Patterns Sketch #123 to help with the design of my card, and I also created it for ColourQ Challenge #93 {real red, peach parfait, pear pizazz, marina mist, white}.  And I just have to say...in my world, sheep would be even CUTER if they were star patterned.  Tee hee! :)  Here is what I created:
"I Like Ewe Friend!" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: October Afternoon (Weathervane: chilly morning &picking pumpkins, Farm Fresh: south forty & hay barn, Cherry Hill: cookie jar, 5 & Dime: wax bottles) & My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary: engaging gingham)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Critters on the Farm & Sophie's Sentiments sets)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Deisgns
Felt/Buttons/Cloud Die: Papertrey Ink
Puff Ball: Darice Inc.
Twine: May Arts
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut plaid paper slightly smaller, round the upper corners and adhere to the front.  Round the top corners of a cloud paper block, and adhere to a vintage cream cardstock square.  Adhere a striped paper strip to the bottom of the cardstock block.  Cut a hill from green patterned paper, adhere to the cardstock block, and then wrap green dotted ribbon around the seam. Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner, and accent with buttons tied with twine.  Stamp the barn, fence and sheep to patterned papers & cardstock.  Cut out the proper layers and paper piece each one together.  Layer them to the cardstock block, and then accent the sheep's tail with a black puff ball.  Adhere the entire cardstock block to the card front using foam adhesive.  Diecut a cloud from white felt, adhere to the front, and accent with jewels to finish. 

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Lawn Fawn gals have come up with using "Critters on the Farm"! ♥♥♥

And as always, there will be lots of giveaways on the Lawn Fawn blog this week!!  Click on these links and follow the comment instructions for your chance!!
Until later,
~Lea L.

14 comments

  1. The card is so cute... love the pompom on the lamb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - so NOW I HAVE got to own these stamps, too! WHAT an OUTSTANDING card and positively WONDERFUL use of the Card Patterns sketch! You're flaunting some of my FAVE papers and I, for one, and DELIGHTED! Thanks, my dear - I'm inspired ALL over again! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!! It's soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, how super cuuuute!!! Love your take on the sketch, adorable lamb with it's little tail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars on your sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love the buttons and gems on it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stinkin adorable farm card!! The cutest ever!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! So creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! This is so super adorable! I love all of the fabulous papers and that cute little sheep, the bling is just the perfect touch.
    FAB-U-LOUS! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Lea! I love the bright colors and how they pop against the white. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, Lea! So much fun. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely adorable, Lea! I love that plaid background and the gem-studded cloud! Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very cute! I have trouble making scenes (LOL!) but you nailed it! So glad you could play with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥