Love Life

July 24, 2011

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope that your weekend has been a good one.  We totally geeked out with our friends Grant and Meagan, and had a Lord of the Rings movie marathon this weekend.  It was a good time! :)

I have a card to share with you today, and it is another CAS card.  I used CardPatterns sketch #125 to help out with the design of it.  I also used Annabelle's Say It In "red, chocolate & cream", Less Is More week 25- buttons and/or ribbon, Ribbon Carousel Challenge #12- buttons & trim, and Wee Memories challenge #62- CAS design. Here is what I created!
"Love Life" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (brown) Coredinations (red) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon (Weathervane: chilly mornings)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Teeny Tiny Backdrops & Fly Free sets)
Ink: Close To My Heart (Pigment: vanilla cream) & Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Twill: craft supply
Twine: The Twinery
Button: Papertrey Ink
Dies: My Favorite Things (hearts) & Papertrey Ink (scalloped edge)
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  will be added later...

Well, that is all I have to share with you right now.  It is possible that you've noticed my posts have been sparse, and I don't have a whole lot to say in them.  I don't put much out on the internet that is deeply personal, and I won't give many details today either.  But I just want to let you know that I am going through a lot of heart ache right now.  Times when I sit down to make the cards I need to make...I just can't do it.  So, if you believe in the power of prayer....please just keep me and my family in them when you think of it.  

Until later,
~Lea L. 

31 comments

  1. this card is stunning, beautiful take on the sketch! Sorry to hear you're going through a bad time, I wish you and your family a lot of strenght.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing card and the best of luck with your personal trials too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea,

    such a sweet card with all those hearts!

    Lins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Lea although we usually like to see a little 'white space' on the submissions to our challenges.
    I love the simple design and beautiful ribbon treatment.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card. I love your colour combination. Great cards in your blog too. Sending big hugs your way. Love Sheila in Cyprus x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Brown and red are my favs together!
    I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too much white space here Lea but a stunning card nevertheless
    Sending positive thoughts your way
    Thanks so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, i hope everything works out well for you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is stunning Lea. Unlike you I tend to 'spill' everything on my blog and have found that it helps me to cope. Positive thoughts and words from my wonderful blog buddies have helped me through so much. So, whatever your troubles may be I hope they're soon resolved and you're feeling better. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Red and brown is one of my favorite color combos.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Lea.

    Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, love the sweet little heart background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lea
    Gorgeous card ...love it....
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Lea, love the jewelled punched hearts!
    In my prayers tonight :)
    Thanks for sharing with us this week!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card!
    LOVE your hearts with the bling and your design is stunning as is all your wonderful elements!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful job with the sketch! love the brown and red combo! I rarely use those colors. Going to have to pull some red and brown cardstock out to remind myself to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet Lea! Love the trio of blingy hearts!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. I love all things with hearts on them.
    I believe in the power of prayer, so I am praying for you and your family. God's will be done..
    take good care,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just LOOOOOOOVE visiting your blog--you always have the MOST amazing creations! I love this card--love the stamped background and the hearts that are cut out! LOVE that twill and twine--beautiful! THANKS so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the RCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I'm gonna have to try that color combo...makes me think of chocolate covered cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and so stylish Lea, perfect balance of the challenge colours!
    Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very CAS - i like it alot. hugs to you and yours in your difficult times :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is a beauty Lea! Perfect for this week's AnnaBelle Stamps challenge too! Love all those little hearts. I hope you feel the warmth of everyone's thoughts heading your way whilst you deal with 'life'.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely amazing as usual my friend!!! My heart aches for you and please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fabulous card. Brilliant colours. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beauitful card! Love these colours with the twill and bakers twine! Sorry to hear you're having a hard time of it, I hope things get better for you really soon!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card! Not exactly clean and simple, but stunning anyway! The chocolate and red colours work so well together, and the ribbon and bow set it off. Thanks for sharing. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  28. An absolutely beautifully made card as always, Lea! :o) I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough time, and I just wanted to tell you that I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Sending you big monster hugs from across the border, Lea!

    Chan

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥