Land that We Love

July 5, 2011

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope this posts finds you having had a wonderful July 4th and a great start to your week!!  I have a patriotic card to share with you today, and I am just LOVING how it turned out!!  It combines so many of my favorite elements, and is perfectly shabby!!

It is one of my card for Stamper's Dream this month...using an older JustRite stamp set from the store.  This stamp set is perfect to have on hand for all the different holidays during the year!

It is also my card for CPS Sketch #225 this week....which is a fun one!!  As you can see...I changed out the middle rectangle layers with a doily cut in half.  I think it is important to showcase that you don't have to use all the exact shapes, etc...when using a CPS sketch!! You can really turn them into your own, while still creating something that resembles the sketch well!

I also created this card for The Shabby Tea Room #69 {July 4th & Red/White/Blue}, and for OTWC #56 {red, white, any shade of blue}.  The inspiration photos for both of these challenges is located below the instructions, if you would like to see them!  As you can see...I used a couple different shades of blue on this one...and I just love it!!  The country blue and traditonal navy blue just go so well together!! Here is what I created!
"Land that We Love" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (red) 
Paper/Diecuts: My Mind's Eye (American Made: Words of Devotion, Accessory Sheet)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Happy Everything set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry) & Tim Holtz (Distress Ink: antique linen)
Ink Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Doily: Wilton
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Buttons: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Glitter: DecoArt
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from red cardstock.  Sand and distress ink the edges of a blue paper block, and adhere to the front.  Cut a doily in half, distress ink, and adhere to the front.  Tie ribbon around the bottom of the card, and stitch a button around the center of the bow using twine.  Glitter a chipboard frame, adhere to the top of a July 4th vintage image, and adhere to the card front.  Distress ink and stamp the sentiment to a diecut tag, and adhere to the right side of the bow.  Accent the sentiment tag & chipboard frame corner with a diecut circle and stars, and then add two small buttons with twine to finish.

Inspiration Photos
We had a very laid back but fun BBQ with friends yesterday.  They came over to our house, and we hung out on the back deck, and ate tons of food!  It was yummy!  The guys lit off some small fireworks in our street, and that was the extent of our day.  My hubby, and some of our other friends had to work very early this morning...so going to a fireworks show just wasn't in the cards.  Which is okay- I have seen the show here many, many times...and hope that my next show will be in some place new that I can photograph! Tee hee! 

Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

16 comments

  1. Simply GORGEOUS, Lea!! I adore that pretty plaid/gingham ribbon & bow - yum! Thanks for sharing your little treasure with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. Love the layering and the mixture of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Lea! Love your vintage image and how you mixed it with doilies, ribbon, etc. Sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, this card is just amazing! One of my favorites of yours. I especially love the vintage image. But that's why I'm a follower of your blog - you always come up with unique creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea..this is simply stunning! I love the colours and the design. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS Lea!!!! Love the ribbon and....well I LOVE IT ALL!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week in The Shabby Tea Room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the details !

    trust you had a lovely Independence Day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, I'm always so glad to visit your blog! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at OTWC! I love your use of the frame to spotlight the flag......a symbol of our independence. Perfect. I love your plaid ribbon/bow accent too! Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! So pretty and cute! Love every inch of it!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Lea! I have to look at it at least 10 times to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS post! Love that you gave us all those inspiration photos!!! Your card is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO LOVELY! The combo of patterns is to die for! Thanks for sharing with us at The Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous inspired card Lea! Love it all! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You've really outdone yourself on this one! The way you know how to group papers, patterns & embellishments is really amazing! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea an outstanding and beautiful card! I love how you framed the focal point and the way you split the doily! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OTWC!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥