WPlus9 February 2012 - Group Post

February 4, 2012

Hey there, everyone!  I hope that you had a wonderful Saturday!  We went over to Spokane to watch a cheer competition with some friends whose daughters were competing in it.  AND, my sweet cousin Molly was also competing with her gym in Spokane...so I got to see her cheer too!  It was a fun time!  If you are new to visiting my blog, you might not know that I cheered for 12 years of my life....from the age of 8 as a Pop Warner cheerleader, to the age of 20 at University of Montana.  Cheerleading was a HUGE part of my life, and I really hope that if we ever have a daughter, she will be interested in it too.  I was painfully shy before joining Pop Warner, and cheerleading brought me out of my shell, helped me make friends easier, and was just a really positive part of who I became as a person.

Anyways....moving on!  Tonight is group post night, ending the WPlus9 release week!  This is my favorite part of the week...because I love to go over to Dawn's blog and see all of the design team's projects together in one post.  It is always so fun to see how each person used the new product so differently!  I decided to focus mainly on the new dies, and paired them up with items from the last release to make a fabulous Valentine's day card!  here is what I created:
  "Be Mine Valentine" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Love Me 6x6 paper pad) 
Doily: Wilton
Stamps: WPlus9 (Spring Tags, Heartfelt Mix & Love You More sets)
Dies: WPlus9 (Timeless Tags, Love Notes, Hearts & Clouds)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry, antique pewter) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Ribbon/Twine: May Arts
Jewel: Westrim Crafts
Buttons: American Crafts & SEI
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sewing Machine: Brother
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock, then round the bottom corners.  Fold a doily in half, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Stamp the bird's wire to the card front.  Diecut the tags, hearts, bird & envelope from cardstock & patterned papers.  Cover the back of the diecut bird with cardstock, and adhere to the top of the line.  Cover the back of the envelope with dotted paper and adhere to the card.  Adhere two of the diecut hearts to the larger tag, and stitch down the middle.  Add dimension to the top heart, then adhere the tag next to the envelope.  Stamp the smaller tag and then accent with a heart jewel.  Adhere the tag next to the larger tag.  Add a tiny diecut heart to the larger heart, then add a twine threaded button to the corner.  Adhere it next to the smaller tag.  Stamp the tops of each item hanging from the line with a clothespin.  Cut the mini banners and adhere them in between each hanging item.  Tie a bow from striped twill, stitch a button around the center of it with twine and adhere to the end of the bird's line.  Stamp the sentiment to the bottom, and then add a twine threaded button to the other side of the line to finish.

Card Challenges Used:
-The Kraft Journal #56- so romantic
-The Shabby Tea Room #99- love is in the air
-CAS-ual Fridays #38- on the red carpet (my card is inpsired by the movie "You've Got Mail")

Be sure to check out Dawn and the rest of the WPlus9 designer's blogs to see what they have created for our group post this month! 
Don't forget to check the Winner's Post to see if you might have won some of these new stamps and dies!  {You could only win if you commented on Dawn's blog...so keep that in mind for the next release if you didn't do that!}  The other great part about group post is that it means the new stamp sets and dies are available for sale!!  So, head on over to the WPlus9 Website and be sure to pick up the must haves on your list!!

I hope that you have a wonderful day, and be sure to check back tomorrow when we do our design team group post!  It is my fave part of the week! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

29 comments

  1. my goodness Leah this card is just gorgeous! love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ** Sorry about mispelling your name before. Force of habit. I'm particular about it bc my name is spelled only with one "L" and not two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous again. Love the little washing line with all the hearts.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the bird on the wire and all the cute elementes hanging and of coarse always love the doilies :-) Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at the Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card design Lea. Love the idea of the clothes line with all the little pieces added. It's always a pleasure to see your creations at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and intricate details! "You've got Mail" is one of the classic chick flicks I love over the years! Beautifully inspired card, Lea! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your card, its stunning, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, love all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!! I can't tell you how happy just looking at this card makes me :):):) Love it Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beyond adorable, Lea! LOVE all those heart elements on your line, and your color choices are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card...love the clothes line idea - TOO CUTE!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. too cute! love the mini envelope! congrats on top 3 at TKJ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea, you put together some of the prettiest cards. They are a joy to look at! Thanks for playing with is at inky impressions! Hugs Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your card! It is so well done. I love all of it. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs! Hope to see your work again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet, with the teeny, tiny tags. I absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome - love those rows of tags on that clothesline. So glad to have you playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leah, I love everything about this card. It's so adorable and has so many great details. I love your style.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at all the yummy texture! Love everything about this card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card!! Love all the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMW I saw this on pinterest - amazing and absolutely fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw this earlier on PaperCrafts blog- gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute card! Love the variations of the details hanging on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card and am going to try to make something close. I will keep checking your blog. I love what I'm seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥