Faith, Hope & Happiness

March 2, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone!!  After taking a few days break from the fun craziness that was the Lawn Fawn inspiration week, I sat back down at my desk and created a lovely Easter card to share with you today.  But before I get to that....I have to chat about American Idol for a moment.  If you have been a regular visitor to my blog, you will know that I love Idol.  Love it.  We watch it every single year...and I love as I start to form favorites, and as each of the contestants wow me in some way.  If you haven't watched the episode yet...then DO NOT READ the next paragraph, and just scroll on past it.   

Last night the Top 13 were picked, and I have to say....I think that America did a pretty good job.  My VERY favorite went through right away....Phil Phillips.  I have loved him since his audition, and every time I hear him sing I like him even more.  He will be the one who gets my votes, for sure.  My favorite female, Erika, didn't make it through on America's vote, but she was chosen to sing as a wild card- and then the judges put her through.  She needs some definite styling help, and I really just hope that she puts on a performance next week that America "gets" and loves.  The other contestants that I am fond of are Jessica, Colton & Jeremy...and for the most part, the rest are bearable.  Deandre gets on my last nerve with the hair flipping and constant falsetto singing...let's hope he gets some coaching on BOTH things.  And I cannot BELIEVE they brought back Jermaine as the 13th guy.  His over attachment to his mother is just weird to me, and his voice is completely irrelevant right now.  Sigh- they should have brought back Johnny Keyser as the 13th guy.  Attractive and completely relevant.  But, what do I know.  I'm no expert in the music industry...I just know what I like to hear.  Tee hee!

Alright...I guess I will move on to my card now, since that is probably what you are here for!! :)  I wanted to make this card, because I think I am just so excited for Spring to get here!  While it is still snowy and gloomy here...playing with my Easter and spring themed goodies helps tide me over until it does actually get to Montana...which is typically 2-3 months after everyone else does.  :)
"Faith, Hope & Happiness" supplies:
cardstock/Scalloped Die: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer: toile, floral, stripe)
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Stamp: WPlus9 (Spring Tags set)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Ribbon: American Crafts (rose) & The Cat's Pajamas (seam binding)
Twine: May Arts
Flower: EK Success
Metal Tag: Making Memories
Buttons: American Crafts
Pins: Maya Road
Charm: Jesse James
Pearls: Michael's brand
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut toile paper slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.  Diecut a large scalloped edge to floral paper, sand the edges and adhere to the bottom.  Sand the edges of a vintage Easter image, and adhere to a striped block.  Sand the edges of the striped paper, then adhere to the top.  Adhere the cream flower to the left side of the card, then add the rose ribbon to the right of it.  Tie a double bow from seam binding, adhere a button to the middle of it with twine, and adhere to the top of the cream flower.  Stamp the sentiment to ledger paper strip with a banner edge, sand the edges and wrap around a clear topped pin.  Adhere the pin into the rose ribbon, then add a pearl topped pin with a pink charm.  Accent the upper right corner with twine threaded buttons, and a large pink pearl.  Add three tiny pink pearls to the metal charm to finish. 

Card Challenges Used:
-Cooking it up with Katie #90- your 3 favorite things (fabric flowers, buttons, pins)
-Little Red Wagon #122- use something vintage
-Do You Stack Up challenge #61- things with wings

I can't get over how cute that vintage image is....the little chicks in their Easter bonnets just make me smile!  {Especially the one on the end that is flapping its wings!!  I hope that you enjoyed my shabby little Easter card!  Have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Until later,
~Lea L.

16 comments

  1. Love this card! The little peeps are so cute. I like the pink stick pin also. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lea! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, love those sweet little chicks!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Lea! Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable card and wish we could watch American Idol together!!! Loved your take on the winners/losers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sensational card, adorable of the chickens with their Easter bonnets - a lovely image and such stunning details.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love every detail. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love that vintage paper and all the gorgeous details. Great take on the Card Patterns sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, Lea! I like a lot that cute vintage image and all the elements that you incorporated into your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible Lea! Love all of the sweet details and your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this fun take on the Challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is So cute! I love the vintage chicks! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable.. I love all of the texture..
    thanks for joining us at LD stamps challenge.
    hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea - what a beautiful amazing card. Perfect for Easter in every way. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So soft and romantic. Love that file tab! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥