Pick More Wildflowers

March 4, 2012

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I hope that your day has been going well so far, and that you had a wonderful weekend.  I went ice skating with my cousin and her family yesterday.  Her daughter, Kyla, wanted to go for her birthday because they had done it on a class trip and she loved it!  Kyla improved so much yesterday while skating, and she had such a good time with her friend that she brought along.  After that we all went to eat at Fuddrucker's together...then Josh and I came home and just relaxed the rest of the evening.  We also had a fun Friday night with friends...so it has been a good weekend for us!

For the month of March, I am the Flourishes Limelight Designer, and I will be bringing a new project to you each Sunday using Flourishes stamps.  I was very excited when Julie emailed me and asked if I would like to do it!  Today my card is all about stamping your images on book paper.  If you want to read what I had to say about this card, please go to my first Limelight Designer post on the Flourishes blog!  Here is what I created:
"Pick More Wildflowers" supplies:
Cardstock/Medium Scallop Die: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper/Paper Layers/Stickers/Lace: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: floral, stripe)
Stamps: Flourishes (Kids Play & Country Charm Labels sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Stephanie Bernard Dye: chocolate)
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Twine: May Arts
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Button: Bazzill Basics
Glitter: DecoArt
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut paper layer slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.  Cut a block of floral paper, sand the edges and adhere to the bottom.  Diecut a scalloped edge to green striped paper, sand the edges and adhere to the top of the floral block.  Adhere a strip of lace at the seam.  Tie orange ribbon around the seam, and finish with a double bow.  Stamp the silhouetted girl image directly to the top paper layer.  Stamp the sentiment to a paper strip, cut a banner end and sand the edges.  Adhere the sentiment strip over top of the stamped image, then top with a twine threaded button.  Cover a chipboard butterfly in glitter, then adhere a piece of book paper underneath it.  Adhere it to the right side of the bow, then add a jeweled sticker to it to finish.

Card Challenges Used: 
-Our Creative Corner challenge- inspired by a song (Wildflowers by Tom Petty)
-PaperPlay challenge #9- something old, something new (old: papers, new: stamps)
-Penny's Paper Crafty challenge #74- art inspiration (silhouetted nature of the piece)
 
Isn't that silhouette stamped image just so cute and whimsical!!  I love that I found a sentiment to go just perfectly with it!!  Well, that is everything I have to share with you for now.  I hope that you have a great rest of your Sunday! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

6 comments

  1. really gorgeous card
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, what a gorgeous card! I love the lace peeking out over the green stripe paper, the orange button holding your sentiment. The distressing of the paper edges with white, how pretty!
    But, I just LOVE the glitter butterfly with the oval cut-out! how fabulous to add such a beautiful element!
    What a great creation! (and I'm starting to embrace more orange)
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh What a beautiful Card, Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win at Penny's!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥