Happy St. Patty's Day!

March 17, 2009

Well, I posted my St. Patrick's Day themed cards on Sunday, but thought I would still give my well wishes today! And, I do have a couple other cards to share with you! First up is a card I did for Kazan's sketch #22 this week at 2 Sketches 4 U. A couple we know just had a baby boy, and so this is to go with the gift we got them. I also reached pretty deep into my American Crafts stash on this one...pretty old paper, but still pretty great paper in my book!
"Little Prince" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/rub-ons: American Crafts
Stickers: Martha Stewart Crafts
Jewels: MAMBI & Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

And this is based on Kazan's Sketch #21 from a couple weeks ago. I didn't have the chance to use the sketch until this weekend...and I loved it! So, I had to make sure I got it done!
"Cherished" Card supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Chipboard: Heidi Swapp
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Heidi Swapp
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts

So- are you ready for American Idol tonight??? I sure am..this is the first season in a long time that has kept my attention. Tonight is Idol gone country night...and it will be interesting to see how they all do with country music. Michael and Kris will be right at home. I think that Danny, Matt, Allison & Alexis (as long as she doesn't over do it, and isn't so vampy this week) all have the potential to do an amazing job. Adam could prove himself to me a bit if he tones it down, and maybe shows a softer, less showbiz side of him. But, he does have the potential to totally over do it as well. He is loved though...so no matter what, we know he will be safe next week. I think the rest of them have a high potential of failure on this one, unfortunately. They just don't seem versatile enough to pull off country. But- they could prove me wrong...we will just have to wait and see tonight!

Well, I better get going for now. Consider yourself pinched if you aren't wearing green today! :)

Until later,
~Lea

17 comments

  1. These are great Leah! I really love the little cloud on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the little cloud and stitching on the top one and the clock on the second.

    You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards, the first one looks fab with that little cloud and the stitching. I love the second one with the clock and the combination of papers you've used. Great take on the sketches. I've pinched myself too, never even thought to wear green today, despite my Mum being Irish. Umm, shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards Lea. I especially love the added touch of the moon & stars....such a great idea. I love when people use "older" stuff. I have those bling words & clocks....maybe I need to pull them out too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Especially the first one looks so adorable - boy cards are so hard to do, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lea, that baby boy card is one of the most orginal cuuuuuuutest boy cards ever, wow, be still my heart!

    happy st. patty's day my friend!
    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - both! Glad you are enjoying the sketches after the fact too Lea :) I agree older pretty paper remains pretty none-the-less!
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, gorgeous cards! and yeah we were watching Idol tonight...some amazing performances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always make "older" paper look amazing girl! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beatifull cards you made.
    I love them very mutch

    My englisch is not very well but i tried to do it good.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are gorgeous !! The first one is my favorite !! I love the colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously admire your talent of combining patterns!

    Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so very pretty! I LOVE that brown and blue combo. I like to go into my stash sometimes and pull out old papers. I forget that I have some pretty fabulous scraps tucked away! Your cards are just fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That baby boy card is one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's simply adorable!! I love the cloud and moon and your colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful cards! Love the brown/blue colorcombo.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work! I love the bling on sketch 21!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥