Cuttlebug Be Inspired #21- Watercolor

March 4, 2009

Happy Wednesday everybody! Well, by now you know that Wednesday on my blog means there is a brand new challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog...and this Wednesday is no different. I really hope you enjoyed the Valerie Salmon sketch from last week!

This week's "Be Inspired #21" challenge is to use Watercolor. Well- I thought long and hard about this one. I don't have any stamps that would work for the challenge, nor would I actually know how to use them if I did! :) I'm not very artsy...so doing real watercolor, or even drawing with watercolor pencils wasn't going to work out. But then I came upon these two sheets of Basic Grey "Porcelain" that I have, and I was instantly inspired for the challenge. I think they have a gorgeous watercolor look to them, and thus my card for the challenge was born! I used my Cuttlebug and the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder to dry emboss the background of the card. After that, I added a small dry embossed border to the bottom of the right side patterned paper using one of the "With Love" embossing borders. I think it helps bring out the sentiment!
"Thinking of You" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Rub-on: American Crafts
Brads: K & Company and Karen Foster
Ribbon: May Arts
Pearls: Michael's brand
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Be sure to hop on over to the blog and check out what the other gals have come up with!! And don't forget to link up if you take part in the challenge...we love to see what you do with it! Well, I am going to finish my glass of pomegranate blueberry juice, and be on with my day!

Until later,
~Lea

PS- I posted some layouts on this last blog entry. I don't post layouts too often, so check them out if you have a chance! I would love to hear what you think!

22 comments

  1. This is gorgeous Lea. You're right...it does lend a watercolor effect & I LOVE how you laced the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy Vey....you always do such spectacular work...WOWZA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Lea! Love the colors. I struggled with the watercolors too, didn't have a clue what to do! And your layouts are great, oh I love that you scrap your puppies! I scrap mine like they are my kids, so I'm glad I'm not the only one:) And I have a glass cooktop and the scotch-brite cleaner is fab....I hate cleaning the cooktop but it has made it easier!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the theme!!! Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more, those papers are so beautiful and totally remind me of watercolorig. Your card is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous & brilliant idea, (it was so new for me too....i feel ya) love your laced-up ribbon. your layouts are BEYOND, you are absolutely amazing, love the linear design, it's my favorite of all designs & you ROCK it!
    hugs & so much love my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab card, love the image and what you did with the ribbon
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg Lea, I have those papers now I'm gonna have to rethink on how I use them...
    TFI
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is just so cute!!! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh, gorgeous, Lea!!! love it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card with a gorgeous water colour effect. Love the lacing effect of ribbon. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Lea! LOVE the lacing and BG papers!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey lea!!! I love that card! love how you did the ribbon!! beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty!!..Love how you used the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so clever and so right that the papers have a watercolour feel to them.

    Another wonderful card from you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, that Basic Grey paper is really starting to grow on me.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful. I just bought this paper pack and can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowie, this is amazing! How totally cute is that little lace-up accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this card is AMAZING! i love it! i need to get that paper after seeing what you have done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous! I love the lacing! It's fabulous!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥