Be Inspired 23- Punches

March 18, 2009

How is everyone doing on this fine day after all the St. Patty's celebrations? Did you drink green beer, or eat corned beef and cabbage? Well- I sure didn't. We had waffles for dinner, and watched American Idol. Pretty exciting, huh? ;)

Well, it is time for another Cuttlebug Challenge post! This week Be Inspired #23 was all about using punches in an interesting way. The only punches I own are border punches....so I did what I could. I like that the layers of punched borders give it a bit of a fashion look...like layers on a dress or ruffles. And every single piece of patterned paper used was from my scrap basket...so that is pretty great. Gotta love using up every last piece of this fabulous American Crafts paper!! I also embossed that great dotted border at the top using my Cuttlebug, and one of the "With Love" border folders. "Thanks" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics & Prism
Paper/Flower: American Crafts
Chipboard: Heidi Swapp
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Westrim Crafts
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft (w/ "With Love" embossing folder)

Be sure to hop on over to the blog and check out what the other gals did with their punches!! Lots of fabulous work!

Okay- so let's dish on American Idol last night. I was actually very impressed with all of them except....Michael (of all people...the one who should have blown it up because it is totally his genre) and Adam. Oh my goodness gracious...Johnny Cash and every member of the Grand Ole Opry that has passed on turned over in their grave last night during that performance. But, we all know he won't go home next week because he has quite the following. And I agree with that...he does have talent. But this week....BAD. Bad, bad, bad, bad. I wish I could just forget I ever saw it or heard it.

How about Anoop and Kris?! Talk about redemption from last week for Anoop, and I think this is the first time I have heard Kris sing and really felt like he could be a front runner! They both did an amazing job. Of course, Danny and Matt were fabulous. I think those two are my very faves as of now- two artists that I would buy an album from right now if they were available. Allison did a great job rocking her country song, and actually...so did Lil! I was very impressed with her...even if the judges thought the song choice was bad. I didn't agree with them on that. Alexis is was pretty much "meh", and while I just don't care for the sound of Megan's voice...she is beautiful, and I give her PROPS for performing the way she did with Influenza-B. That takes some fight. And last, but definitely not least....Scott. Vocally- he just isn't up there with the other contestants. But, I LOVE to watch him sing and play the piano. It is just pure joy exuding from him every time he plays, and it captivates me.

I have zero thoughts on who will go home tomorrow night. Zero- I have no clue who it might be. Do you have any ideas? Share your thoughts on that with me, and any of your thoughts on the Idol performances last night if you want!

Happy Wednesday,
~Lea

29 comments

  1. super fun card Lea...love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, great colours
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous bright colours on this one Lea and the border frills look fab (I sooooo want that MS border punch, lol!). And great that you made it all from scraps too! I just so love your style and creativity!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea - that is one bright and beautiful card. I love all the punches and the color palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea your card is so bright and cheerful! The layering using the border punch and using up bits of paper is perfect!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so gorgeous my friend, no one does color like you do, looove it!

    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I love the clean, graphic look and those bold and vibrant colors of your card this week!

    Second, AI...Scott sort of reminds me of Mika and Josh Grobin. I can't stand Megan, she's got a lot of potential but she frustrates the heck out of me with that little shimmy she does. STOP IT! lol I'm all about Danny, he gives me goose bumps when he sings. As for Adam, I just turned the volume down. His version did make me squirm uncomfortably but there were some very interesting parts to it that I actually liked. As for who's going home? NO idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl! This card is so yummy!! I LOVE the colors. All of it is just fab! I agree with you on the "layers like a dress", it really does add something special. Now, for AI....DANNY ROCKS!! He is totally my fav! But, Matt did an awesome job last night, as did Anoop. Adam makes me SICK. That was the worst excuse of country music I have EVER heard and Johnny Cash would have found him and shot him if he were alive. Give me a break. Anyhoo, I think Alexis may go home. But who knows. Anyway, I love the show and let's have a little chat about it each week. It's fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. You have my vote. Thanks for sharing. Now on to browsing the rest of your blog.

    doramiyi
    doramiyi at gmail dot com
    -CANADA-

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card!! Makes me happy just looking at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Lea, really colourful, the way you've used your punches looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I totally love the look of all the layered punches!

    Right there with you on AI...NO idea who will go tonight. I'm not even sure I know who I want to go home tonight! I just love Danny though, he started out a little rough, but when he hits those high notes...goosebumps!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! The border punch used on on the different patterns which are then layered makes a great impact!

    I was sad to see Alexis go tonight :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of great colors and layers!!! i need to get that border set I think - I love that look of just one row of dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Lea, those colors are just amazing! Great job!
    I thought Danny and Matt did wonderful on AI last nite. And Adam hurt my ears, they've still not recovered;) I'm sure Johnny did roll over!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card i love the colors very mutch.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay I have no Idol thoughts for you, since I don't watch it. . .but i just have to say, that i always feel so smiley (is that a word?) when i visit your blog. I just love how bright and cheery your work always is!!! Hugs sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your punched layers and the colors!!!
    I was sad to see Alexis go, I reallyl need to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bright and enegetic card!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lea, what a fabulous card. Love the punches you used, the papers you used, the whole look of the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Lea, love what you've been doing (as always). You know I've never seen AI before.. the horror.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lea, this card would put a smile on anyone's face. It's so cheery and bright!!! Absolutely lovely!!!! About AI, I love that show!! I can appreciate Adam's talent because he CAN definitely sing, but honestly, he SCARED me with that song!! And that "look" he gives the camera. YIKES! It's so freaky! :o) Kay

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey girlie! That is one gorgeous card! I love the colors and all the layers! :D
    B

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just in love with this card! That border looks awesome. I went to M's looking for that one, but they didn't have it. ;( Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lea, this is beautiful. Love the border punching and the happy bright colours. We also follow American idols here in South African, so I enjoyed your take on the proceedings. Have a great weekend. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  26. OOOOhhh, love these colors! So bright and cheerful :)

    BTW.... I loved Adam this week! Even though the version of that song was a little strange, I think he sang very well :)
    But, to each his own, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  27. corned beef and cabbage for me!

    and oh my, that card is just gorgeous. the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I might be mad at your Lea - that one punch you used is one that I passed up yesterday at M's and now that I see how you used it, I might have to go back and get it!!! LOVE your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so bright clean and colourful. Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥