April CK Cover Option & February Publications

April 13, 2009

Happy Monday everyone!! Did you have a great Easter weekend? Ours was fabulous! We left Missoula around 10am on Saturday morning and made our way to Sheridan. We got there just in time for the Easter Egg Scramble at my parent's church. After that my dad, Josh and our cocker spaniel Sadie when fishing, and I went to lunch with my mom. Sadie came home a happy dog...but also a FILTHY one. The bathtub was black once we had bathed her...but she had so much fun and that is what counts!

On Sunday we had church, and then made our way to Fairmont Hot Springs where we swam the day away. It was awesome! The water is a natural hot springs, obviously...so it was very warm. And the cool air temperature being in the 50's made it just perfect! I don't think I could swim there in the summer....with 90 degree temps outside and inside the pool, yuck...but fall through spring it is awesome! The sun was out and shining...so I am a bit burnt. Not what I wanted to happen...but what can you do? :)

I have a couple things to share with you today. Someone emailed me and wanted to see the cover option that I did for the April issue of CK. Apparently the page can't be found on the CK website...so here it is. It wasn't picked, obviously...but I think it is pretty cute! Up next I have some February publications to share with you. I am pretty lucky if anything gets picked up for Feb and March publications, because those calls are going on at the same time football season is going on. I don't have much extra time for creating during those couple of months....so I don't end up getting to submit much. So- I feel pretty blessed when I do actually get something picked up! :) This layout was in the Valentine's section of the February issue of Scrapbook Trends Magazine.
And these cards were in the February issue of Cards Magazine.


Well, I need to go finish dinner and then I have some creating to do!

Until later,
~Lea

11 comments

  1. thanks for posting the cover- it is very cute! Nice job! Lov eyour ot her pubbed items too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time you had, Lea! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your Easter! :)

    Love your layouts! The CK Spring layout is simply adorable...I'm disappointed that it didn't get picked since I think it's truly cover-page worthy! ;-)

    What a blessing to see the other projects that were pubbed! I think your work is always fabulous, and I appreciate you sharing these! You're so inspiring! I can't wait to see what else you create this week!

    Take care, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea:
    I would recognized your work anywhere..
    Your work has this ability to make people smile :)
    The colours are always so fun :)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good Easter! Sounds like your doggie did too! :o) These are wonderful creations, Lea. You are full of talent! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL as always! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Lea! Love em all!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layouts are so bright and fresh- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layouts and cards you do. Thanks for popping into my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥