Be Inspired 25- Sheetload Shortcuts

April 1, 2009

Happy Wednesday everyone! First off- thank you so much for the sweet and encouraging comments on my last post. It really means a lot to me...more than you even know.

Wednesday (without internet problems...finally) means a new challenge is posted at the Cuttlebug blog. But first, if you haven't taken the Provo Craft Survey regarding the Cuttlebug...please go to THIS post, and click on the survey link. It is really important to the company to find out where you want them to take the Cuttlebug machine!

Be Inspired 25 is all about Sheetload Shortcuts this week! They sent us some clear and frosted cardbases to work with, and this lovely sketch! Very fun to work with!! My card is directly below the sketch- I did lots of Swiss Dots embossing on this one. Do you want to know my trick to adhering lace paper to anything? Spray adhesive. I promise...it works perfectly.

"Love & Cherish" Card supply list:
Frosted cardbase: Shortcuts
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Lace Paper/Chipboard: KI Memories
Rub-on: American Crafts
Ribbon: Maya Road
Twine: Darice
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
So- your thoughts on American Idol last night? Danny and Kris stole the show last night- they were amazing! Danny has pretty much been a front runner since auditions, but Kris just keeps gaining ground every single week. My favorite performance of the night was Danny, hands down. I told my husband last night that I feel like I connect with Danny when I watch him sing, and he said he feels the same way. I don't think they needed to be so hard on Matt- his performance wasn't bad. Not the right song choice...I absolutely agree with that. But, he still sounded great. I do agree 100% with Simon...."Apologize" by One Republic would have been an excellent choice for his soulful voice. Even my husband, who HATES that song, agreed.
And I totally didn't get the judges falling all over themselves about Adam's performance last night- I didn't think it was that great. Especially when you compare it to last week. And what is up with the constant change to his look? It makes me think he is a total poser, and that he really doesn't have a true identity- it is all about gaining popularity. Alison and Scott did a good job, just not my favorites. And Anoop and Megan were both bad. Not good at all. I wonder if Usher saw that performance of his song by Anoop...yikes. Just bad. My prediction (& hope) is that Anoop and Megan will be in the bottom two...and Megan will go home.

Well, better get going for now! Have a great day!

Until later,

~Lea

15 comments

  1. This is darling! So textured and wonderful! I adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Lea! I love your use of the lace card stock, it looks so effectve, and what a cute little die-cut! Adorable!
    I love your critiques each week on American Idol - I have no idea what you're talking about but you definitely have strong views on who you like, lol!
    And I read your post about photography school and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with it all. The photographs you posted are gorgeous, you are very talented, so I'm sure you'll make a huge success of it all!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and layering of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Lea! Like the car's bling! Should be interesting to see what happens tonight on AI! I agree with you about Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable!!!! Love all the hearts!!!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so adorable! Great tip on the paper lace too, I will definitely give that a try!

    Megan sooo needs to go home! Adam has a good voice but doesn't seem at all genuine. Yeah, I think Danny is my fave.

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, your take on the sketch is just gorgeous!!! Love everything about it! And congratulations on your wonderful news below, too!!!! I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card could not be any more cute!!!! Darling!!!!

    What did you think of Megan's reaction to being in the bottom 3? It seemed to me like she wasn't taking it seriously. I'm sure she missed her baby a TON and might have been ready to leave. Take care!!!! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. so nice
    i love all thes harts at the
    bacground!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is just adorable! My sister-in-law is getting married in July, so I might just use this as my inspiration for her card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a DARLING card Lea!! Love how you embossed the card before putting that KI paper on top--way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. `Fab card Lea`
    `Good Luck` in your new Photography venture...
    I must catch up with American Idol!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on following your dream Lea!

    Love your card this week for CBC and thanks for the spray adhesive tip! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥