Vintage Plum April Kit "Hopscotch"

April 10, 2009

As I alluded yesterday, I am part of the design team for a new monthly kit called Vintage Plum. Vintage Plum debuted their first kit in February of this year, and are quickly gaining popularity! Vintage Plum has a unique characteristic, and that is they only feature scrapbooking products that are made in the USA in the kit each month. I think this is such an awesome feature considering the state of our economy these days. HERE is a link to everything that is included in this month's kit, and here is the Hopscotch Gallery....be sure to check it out as there are some fabulous projects this month by the new design team!

Without further ado, here are my projects for my first kit with Vintage Plum. Be sure to click on the layouts to see them larger....you will be able to read the journaling, and they just look better larger! :) This layout is about my cousin Jamie, who I adore. We are 4 months apart in age, and she has been one of my greatest friends my entire life. I am so lucky to have her! The other two babies in the first photo are our cousins as well. The four of us were born fairly close together. I didn't have a baby photo of just Jamie and me together, so I used this one. I think it is pretty cute! This layout is just about the little things that I take comfort in. I adore fuzzy socks, and my coffee with creamer in a super adorable mug.
This is a transparent layout about playing Farkle with the family. This was on our vacation to Big Sky last year with Josh's parents. I am awful at remembering how to score Farkle...but they do it for me! We have a lot of fun playing games with Josh's parents!
And I LOVE this card...isn't it just precious?! Because I am such a clean and graphic scrapbooker, I really wanted to find a way to use some of the cute extras that were included in the kit, like the doily and the old book papers. So, I used them on this card and I love how it turned out.
And last but not least, a card featuring the Pink Paislee product that is in the kit. We are going to be featured on the Pink Paislee blog at some point this month, and they wanted to see some creations using up their product that is in the kit. I, of course, took on a card for this one!
And last, but not least....I provided the challenge this month for our May guest designer search. The challenge is called "Feel The Music", and you can find all the details HERE. We would love for you to take part in the challenge to become our next guest designer! If you have any questions regarding it, feel free to ask! This is the layout example that I did for the challenge....featuring some product from the kit, and a little from my stash. :) I just love this song.
Well, I hope you like my very first reveal as a kit club design team member! I really enjoyed working with the kit this month! If you are looking for a fun and laidback place to talk about scrapbooking and life...come join us. We are drama-free and love talking about scrapbooking and crafting!

Have a happy Friday,
~Lea

11 comments

  1. Beautiful Lea! Your blog is always such a treat!

    Congrats on the new DT!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your creations, Lea! Congrats on designing for Vintage Plum. Looks like a fun kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for a fun game of farkle for your computer, you can find a great version (for the Mac) at:

    bestbackgammon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. we play farkle, too! we have a blast! that is so fun you did a lo about it. looks like a gorgeous kit and i love each project

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all gorgeous lea!! congrats on being part of their dt - i know you will be a big asset to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving seeing layouts from you again Lea! The Vintage Plum kits are perfect for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowza Lea...fabulous projects!!! p.s. I'm totally kicking myself that I didn't buy that sweet target owlie mug...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea,

    You did such an amazing job with our April kit! Thank you for all you do for us at Vintage Plum!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creations, Lea! I will have to hop over and see the kit on their website! Have a great week!!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo hoo!! I am loving what you are doing with your Vintage Plum goodies!! How fun to see layouts on your blog as well as cards!!! You are an amazing talent my friend and always an inspiration!!! HOpe you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodness gracious Lea, these are ALL so amazing. just checked them out, how cooool is that? you are so inspiring my sweet friend!

    have a wonderful week!
    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥