CPS 109 & March Provo Craft

April 6, 2009

Happy Monday everyone! Did you have a good weekend? Well, it was the first nice weekend we have had this year- so we tried to enjoy the sunshine a bit! It is supposed to get cold again in a few days...you know, right in time for Easter Sunday! So- that is always fabulous (typed with a certian amount of sarcasm...I am definitely ready for spring to be here for good.)

We took the pups on a 2-mile walk yesterday. THAT was definitely interesting. Let's just say that Josh and I haven't been real great about training them on leashes because we normally romp around the backyard with them, or take them to the cabin where they don't have to be on leashes. Bailey likes to try and pee on everything even though he is fixed, and Sadie is scared of her own shadow....and other dogs, bikes, car sounds....pretty much everything! Bailey also thought barking and growling at every dog he noticed for the first half of the walk was a good idea as well. Come to find out, all he wanted was to sniff the face of one of them, before he became indifferent to the fact that there were other dogs around. Who knew? But, we still had a good time- and they started to adapt after awhile. We just need to do this more often with them...that is a goal we have made!

Well, I have a few things to share with you today. This is my card for sketch 109 at CPS last week. No sponsor that week, so I decided to play with some new Sassafras papers! Love them!
Now on to my Provo Craft projects for the month of march. My first assignment was to make a Mother's Day gift. I made a card, and covered this bath and body product using patterned papers and cuts from the Home Accents Solutions cartridge. I just love that damask cut on this cartridge...it is fabulous!!
My next project was to use a Sesame Street cartridge. I used the Sesame Street Font cartridge for every letter and elmo image on these projects! If you have a little one that loves Sesame Street...these cartridges are perfect for scrapbooking, party invitations/decor/goodie bags, room decorations...they sky is really the limit! I chose Elmo because I think he is adorable...but I would bet your child's favorite character is represented on these cartridges!



And my last assignment was to use the Sports Mania cartridge, and I created locker hangers for my project. They originally started out like this...in my little brother's school colors. But, they needed to be brighter....
... So the final product ended up like this! I agree that the red and yellow will photograph better in the long run for advertising, etc....so I can understand the need for the change. I am just partial to the colors above. :) These locker hangers are flat, so they can easily be laminated. You can then attach some magnets to the back of them, and they become a great locker hanger for your favorite athlete/team! They would also be great for decorating buses when a team goes to an away game- just use tape instead! You can also easily make them more personal by adding numbers, last names....etc. This cartridge would be really awesome for the booster club, for cheerleaders, for all the team moms out there, or any sports fan....it is really versatile! (And yes...it has more sports than football included on it!)
Well, that is all I have for you today! Hope that you had a wonderful weekend! Be sure to check back Wednesday for my weekly American Idol recap, and a special treat on Friday! (Okay, reading that back is really cheesy...but I'm leaving it. Hee hee!)

Until later,
~Lea

9 comments

  1. Those Elmos are too cute!! Love the birthday card - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all awesome projects. The Elmo stuff is just my very favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lea, you have been a busy bee once again. Your creations are always so beautiful and professional. Good luck for your next doggie walk. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun project Lea!! I ♥♥♥ your sassy card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea I luv luv the bath set, going to send you my addy :)
    2 miles walk wow you go girl!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all Lea :) What a sweet Elmo set!

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects Lea! That mother's day set is fabulous, something any mom would love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! Love that CPS card, you sure know how to work the Sass Lass!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...these are stunning!!! I so love the Mom card and Elmo is totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥