Be Inspired 27- Numbers

April 15, 2009

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge was inspired by the ever wonderful "tax day" in the USA. Be Inspired #27 challenges you to use numbers on your project.

I racked my brain thinking about this one. I wanted to do something more original than a "Look who's turning XX", or "25 years together". Those sentiments are wonderful of course, but I feel like I have done them a million times. So, I thought and thought about it. One day, the theme song from "Rent" popped into my head...and my idea came to life! This is how it turned out, and I just LOVE it! I embossed the white cardbase with the "Love Language Cut & Emboss Set" and then just layered the rest of the card together. What do you think? Cute, huh? :)
**PULLED FOR PUB**

"525,600 Minutes" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Fancy Pants, American Crafts & Sassafras
Diecut: Fancy Pants
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Pins: craft supply
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft (w/Love Language Cut & Emboss set)
Font: Century Gothic

And I want to make sure my blog readers know about the amazing Spa Weekend Retreat we doing at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. Here is the official invitation:

And HERE is the post with all the great details of that weekend. We are giving away over $1000 in amazing prizes, there will be a blog hop, and lots of inspiring projects posted all weekend long. I really hope that you schedule out some time in that weekend to participate because it is going to be a blast!! Did I mention that we are giving away a Cuttlebug every day, AND a Cricut Expression? Seriously....you need to attend and participate! Tee hee! :)

So, how about American Idol last night? Regardless of Simon saying it was too traditional, Danny Gokey was by far my favorite last night. He sang the song in a key lower than the original, and I think he added his own soul and so much emotion to it. Honestly...if he had changed it too much, Simon would have gotten on him for that. You can never seem to win with these judges, unless your name happens to be Adam Lambert (whose performance I didn't care for, BTW. Too much for me...the shreiking drives me crazy). Allison was my next favorite performance, followed by Kris. And I think they were REALLY hard on Matt. He did get a bit pitchy in the middle of the song, but I think the rest of it was beautiful. Anoop did a good job, and Lil was just "meh". She does nothing for me, and I would never buy an album. But, I would never buy an album of Adam's either....so there you have it. Any thoughts?

Until later,
~Lea

19 comments

  1. Lea, what a gorgeous card and I adore the sentiment! I'm going to have to store that one up for future reference! Beautiful papers and details. Just perfect!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Love the great colors and the greeting. Creative way of saying it. :o) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness gracious girl this is AMAZING! oh how i love your sentiment & your design is classic-lea...perfection! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it Leas, fab sentiment
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sentiment! Such a happy card.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT way to use numbers. I love this. Way to think outside the box on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lea! LOVE the sentiment...so clever!

    Love Danny, not only does he have a fab voice, but he seems so genuine!
    It's Lil's time to go home for sure!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea what a fantastic way of incorporating that song line into a card! So creative girl! Your card is awesome and I love it all!! Great take on the challenge!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, this is fabulous and such an adorable card!!!! I couldn't love that sentiment anymore, it's genius and I am so saving that one somewhere to use!!! Fabulous card for the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! Very clever. Great job on this challenge.
    As far as AI, I LOVE Danny!! Can't stand to look at Adam (or hear him!), Allison is good and I agree with you on Lil. My 2nd choice would be Matt and then Chris. I think Lil or Adam should go home next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this card Lea...the Kraft w/pink is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun and original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! It's so YOU with the touch of bling, colors and patterns.

    As for Idol, Lea, c'mon. Adam rocked it. Didn't you ever headbang to any of the hair bands of the 80's? Oh, geez, I'm showing my age! LOL No, seriously he reminds me a bit of Judas Priest when he "shrieks" as you like to call it. But I will agree with you on Danny...the song DID sound old but who said old sounded bad? I loved the emotion that just flowed through him during his performance. And I say "blah" to Lil. I'm hoping she goes home tonight before Matt.

    'Til next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - your sentiment is wonderful and I love all the added bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for the numbers challenge Lea! Love the colors!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. whatta super neat card..I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is `gorgeous` Lea...hope you had a great Easter:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice job w/the numbers challenge. Nice quote/saying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i know i'm late but i did want to come over and say how much i enjoyed this card!! you amaze me to no end with your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥