CPS 112 & Package Repurposing

April 24, 2009

Wow- I am sure glad it is Friday. How about you? I am looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend of crafting, photo editing, some cleaning (not so fun), and attending a dinner for a friend that is coming into town.

Well, this week I am a reader/participant at CPS, instead of a designer. :) I ran out of time before leaving for my cousin's wedding last week, and couldn't get my card done. So- I did one last night for sketch 112, because the sketch is awesome and I didn't want to skip it completely. Should I link up to Mr. Linky? Tee hee!

I did this little project in celebration of Earth week for the Vintage Plum blog. Instead of throwing away the plastic packages that the product comes in, repurpose it to hold a sweet treat for someone special! The great thing about this one is I made sure everthing can either slide off or easily be removed so you can wash the plastic holder and reuse it over again. The sentiment is stamped in Staz-On, so it should last for awhile. Maybe not forever, but just restamp it when you need to! :)

**PULLED FOR PUB**

Do you want to craft "with me" next weekend? Well, I am cordially inviting you to participate in two events! First up is the Cuttlebug Spa Retreat that runs from May 1-3rd, 2009. There are a TON of prizes, inspiration, and projects all weekend long. Check out all the information on the event HERE...it is going to be fabulous!

And I will also be part of an online crop at Vintage Plum as well. Please join us at Vintage Plum on May 2nd - 3rd from 12pm cst for our VP Online Crop. We will have layout challenges, card challenges, altered projects and games. Prizes will be awarded for every challenge and game. All challenges will be due by Monday 8pm (CST) to be eligible for a prize. The overall winner of the crop will be spotlighted on Vintage Plum's blog. They will be interviewed and have all of their projects made during the crop posted on the blog. They will also win a $20.00 gift certificate good toward a kit purchase in Vintage Plum's store. We hope to see you there!

Well, that is all I have for now! I hope you have a great start to your weekend!

Until later,
~Lea

25 comments

  1. Love it!! Yes, put it on Mr Linky, no one should miss this drool-worthy work of art ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you should link it up to Mr`Linky` Lea Your creations are a real `treat`
    Ymmie as always..TFI
    Have a lovely relaxing weekend:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too stinkin' cute Lea! I am BIG into rainbows right now and these are makin' my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the funnest creations! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those are Beautiful! I simply ADORE the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful. Love all the bright colors. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that card is GORGEOUS!! I love the bright buttons. Your cute packaging is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love that bright, fun card with cute flowers and buttons. And the treat container is awesome. What a great idea. I would love to stop by for the weekend of fun at both places!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, bright creations!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea! I LOVE your creations! What a totally wonderful use of that CPS sketch, love the colors and the buttons and love your treat holder - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin the CPS card & that recycled container is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, I loved the project you made for Earth week for VP! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely and COLORFUL card! Love it :)
    Great idea with the plastic holder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card its so bright, happy and elegant. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My goodness!!!! You card is absolutely gorgeous!!! The online crop sounds like a ton of fun!!! I will try and check it out sometime during the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THese are wonderful cards lea! I love that you re-used that packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the colors on this! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to use all those bright colors. Love the flowers and buttons. Cheers me up just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love your card Lea!! Gorgeous colors and buttons! :)

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card, so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh, how fun is this?! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO bright and happy, Lea--great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥