Autumn Blessings, Day 3

November 26, 2009

Due to a very early cold spell, Montana didn't get much of an autumn.  We normally have a few weeks of beautiful and rich colors, daily changing as the temperature slowly drops.  Unfortunately, the cold snap just caused all the leaves to die and fall off the trees.  But, I am grateful that I was able to travel to the east coast to photograph my friend's wedding, because I got a small glimpse at the beautiful colors of autumn.  It was such a blessing, and it was so gorgeous.  

The card I have to share with you tonight is inspired by the Autumn that I missed in Montana this year.  It is just a reminder to be patient for next year, because the beauty will return!  It is also inspired by this lovely sketch #32 at Unscripted Sketches.  Another fabulous sketch site I found while blog surfing the other day...it is awesome, so check it out! :) 

"Autumn Is A Second Spring..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey, Hambly Screen Prints, & Scenic Route
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Happy Halloween & Roots and Wings)
Ink: Clearsnap Pigment Ink (Merlot, Old Rose, Amber, Brown) 
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Sherry Dots)
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Button: Basic Grey 
Pins: Making Memories & craft supply
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)

Alright...I am barely squeaking in to make time on day 3.  Tonight I am going to chat about how grateful I am for these two: 
Our parents.  They say that when you become a parent...you wear your heart on the outside of your body.  I don't think I truly understand this yet, considering I don't have children.  But, I can see that it is true.  Our parents have shared in our joys and triumphs, and felt the pain of our heartaches our entire lives.  We wouldn't be the people we are today without them, and I know I am so very thankful to have them.  
Here we all are at Christmas last year: 
They make holidays special, no matter how big or small.  And they support us in everything we do.  You can't ask for much more, but it seems like they give so much more.  I love them and am so thankful for the blessings that come in the form of my mom and dad.

I have a song to leave you with tonight....it is awesome.  Hope you like it.


Well, I better get going for now.  I hope that if you celebrate Thanksgiving, it is full of love and blessings.  And if you don't...I hope you have a wonderful normal day! ♥


Until later,
~Lea

8 comments

  1. Oooohh, gorgeous card for the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card...and a beautiful post!!!
    Thanks for using our sketch this week!
    Sarah M
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning!Thanks for inspiring us at Unscripted Sketches! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card, I love everything about it!

    Love the pic of you parents too, it's so full of emotion...just a really wonderful photo.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely gorgeous! All of the details, and the rich colors are just fabulous! What a nice post as well.

    Thanks for joining US this week! Hope you'll come back and play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous! Thanks for joining in with US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea,
    You are so special to your mother and I. You make being a parent easy. We are so blessed, proud and thankful to have you as our daughter. We love you very much.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥