Blessed & Thankful, Day 2

November 25, 2009

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I started feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, but today it has decided to hit with full force.  So- my cup runneth over with Day and Nyquil, and I am just going to grin and bare it!  :)  

I have a Thanksgiving card to share with you today.  It is based on Kazan's sketch #40 at 2 Sketches 4 U this week.  Lots of fabulous inspiration this week (as always), so be sure to check it out! 
Here is the card that I came up with.  After rounding the corners and adding the strip of Sassafras paper, I stamped the border at the edge of the paper with vanilla pigment ink.  I set that aside to dry so I wouldn't smudge it, and proceeded to cut a 2" circle and 2 1/4" scalloped circle using my Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge.  I stamped the leaf image onto the circle cut using two shades of chalk ink, and then adhered the two circles together.  Added it to the front of the card and accented with ribbon, a bow, and some jewels.  Added the rub-on sentiment...and voila.  Done!

"Blessed & Thankful" supplies:
Cardstock: Scenic Route
Paper: Sassafras & Scenic Route
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Borderlines & Strictly Sentiments
Ink: Close To My Heart (pigment- vanilla cream) & Clearsnap Chalk Ink (warm brown, rose coral, amber clay) 
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Raw Silk taffeta edge)
Rub-ons: Creative Imaginations
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine (circle, scalloped circle): Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft

On day #2 I am thankful for....Nyquil.  Tee hee!  But every day of my life I am thankful for this guy: 
This might be hard to believe now, but I wanted nothing to do with him when my mom told me she was pregnant.  I was 10, and wanted to be an only child.  Man, was I a selfish little thing, or what?  But then he was born, and I met him...and I fell in love with him.  Life as I knew it would just become better once he was born.  He has made me less selfish, more loving, and so thankful to be his older sister.  I just love this kid.  Often people tell me that Casey is so lucky to have a sister like me.  Honestly...he makes it pretty easy.  And I think I am pretty lucky to have a brother like him.  As you all know...he is an amazing football player.  Here are a few of my favorites from this season of football. 
Nothing like a little thing called "magic light". :)
"And the heavens shined down and declared....yes, you will be an amazing football player."  I would like to say that I just have skill, but the light shining down on Casey was a happy accident.  
I just love the little bit of eye peeking out, right before he took this guy down.  
And this one just shows how FREAKING cold it was that night, and it is a pretty cute pic of the bro.  :) 


So, now I am going to brag on him a little bit.  So far- five colleges in Montana have contacted him about playing football next year.  I think three of the schools are actively recruiting him.  And I am so excited for him!!  His #1 pick is the University of Montana Grizzlies, which also happens to be my Alma mater.  It is his dream, and it is my dream for him that it comes true.  He absolutely has the skill, and has now put in a very successful football season that the coaches have been reading about and watching game film of.  So, now we wait.  And I am certain we will be hearing some good news come the first of they year!  

So, what are some things you are thankful for?  I would love to know!  Well, I am going to get going for now.  I think Nyquil is calling my name.  :)  Hope your night and morning are filled with happiness! ♥

Until later,
~Lea 


10 comments

  1. Great card you made! And you do have a really cool bro!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for two of the best kids a dad could ever ask for. A son and a daughter that bring this father more joy and happiness then any father should be allowed. Lea you are the best and although you wanted to be an only child at least you are our only daughter, the best daughter in the world!!! I am also thankful that I get to spend Thanksgiving with all my kids, Josh, Lea, and Casey. Can a holiday get any better than that? I submit that it could not!:)

    Oh and by the way...I have no idea where you get the late night blogging from lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to your brother! I am the oldest of 4 and feel the same way about my sibs, esp. the youngest of my brothers, Greg... he was also a fantastic football player. Great pics you took, too!

    PS: Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and can I just cry reading this post!!! How loving and kind! And is that your dad commenting......I want to hug something RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing post! You have a way of letting us crawl into your life with you & go for the journey, we are so very blessed. Your brother is indeed, so blessed to have you for a sister, whether you had that in your plans, He knew better, as He always does ;) What a blessing to have so many doors open to him for football & school, hard work & dedication has paid off for him, (especially the work to get back after injury) so very, very happy for him! Happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend! (((hugs))) & all my love! danni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous card Lea. LOVE the stamping!! How exciting for Casey and your family. He's an extraordinary football player and there will a lot of opportunities coming his way! :o) Yes! He is so blessed to have you as his sister!

    I am thankful for a loving husband and a kind hearted son, and parents who have always encouraged me throughout life! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, sweet Lea! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great vintagey card; simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Card! I Loved reading all about your little brother. Mine is also 10 year younger than me and I love him to bits too - it is fun being a big sis!
    Thanks for sharing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - such beautiful patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥