I will proudly admit.....

November 29, 2009

....that I am completely addicted to jewels, and have been for a long time!  Tee hee! :)  Lots of jewels used on this card, and I love it!  I did this for the Caardvarks "Color It!" challenge, and it is also based on The Sweetest Thing Sketch #46.  I decided to paper piece my stamps rather than color them in...I think these stamps look better that way.

"Holiday Cheer" Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Bo Bunny
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs, Heidi Swapp, MAMBI, & Prima
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes Collection- Heart Warmers)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment- Brown & Dusty Plum, Chalk- Pink Pastel)
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft (circle, scalloped circle)
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Snow Dots by Provo Craft 

Card Instructions: Round the corners and ink the edges of the pink snowflake paper block with pink pastel chalk ink.  Adhere the block to the middle of a white card base.  Dry emboss a block of white cardstock with the Cuttlebug machine and Snow Dots embossing folder.  Round the corners and adhere to the front.  Cut a 4" scalloped circle, and a 3.5" circle using a Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge.  Ink the edges of the scalloped circle, adhere to the front, and add a strip of ribbon to it.  Stamp the tree images to the circle with brown pigment ink.  Stamp the same image to two different patterns and cut the tree tops out.  Adhere them to the circle image.  Stamp the sentiment below the trees using Dusty Plum pigment ink.  Adhere the circle to the scalloped circle using foam adhesive to give it some dimension.  Add a bow to the right side of the circle, and accent the entire card with jewels.

As you can see...I am adding something new to my blog- the instructions to my cards.  Not that I think you can't figure it out for yourself, but it might help to know what size diecuts are, which ink I use, etc...  It is also for my benefit...in case I submit them!  So, even if you don't ever use it....I hopefully will! :)

I downloaded this album from iTunes this weekend:

And I have added all my Christmas albums into my iTunes catalog....and have been listening to them all day!  Christmas is my very favorite holiday.  I can't wait to decorate my house, get some baking done, spend time with family and friends....I just love it.  ♥

What are some of your favorite Christmas albums?  I am really enjoying the one above, and I really like the Wow Christmas compilation albums.  I would love some others to check out, so let me know!

My hubby just got home from work, so I am going to go spend some time with him!  I hope that everyone has a wonderful rest of this Sunday! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

21 comments

  1. love, love, love this card & i am listening to this album right now, "i knowed it"--mater ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous!! Love, love, love all the pink and bling, so girly and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card Lea!!! The bling is the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable work! I can see why you are LOVIN' the bling when you use it like that! It's exceptionally radiant! Great card, great card and fabulous inspiration! Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am jewel fan too and proud to admit it! Good for you! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love all those gemstones! Really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable, Lea! Love everything about it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lea...this card is magical! Your combination of elements is absolutely beautiful, and I LOVE your jewels.

    Thanks for the Christmas iTunes recommendation...I'm off to check it out.

    :-)
    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!! It's absolutely stunning.

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so beautiful. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS. I got that Winter Songs album too...lovely! My favourite Christmas albums are Bing Crosby - White Christmas, Diana Krall - Christmas Songs and Michael Buble - Let it Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...your card so soft and so beautiful!! So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Your paper piecing in perfect and you know I love all that bling!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok that card is amazing... I love it and a girls gotta love her bling... hehe

    Hugs
    Elisa K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card!! Beautiful colors!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is stunning!! LOVE the bling and ribbon and snowflake and everything...so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO beautiful, love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥