Monday Cuteness....

November 30, 2009

...well, to me anyways!  I have a couple of cards to share with you today!  For the first one, I used FTL 70 from the Clean & Simple Stamping Blog.  I am so happy I found this cute little blog...the sketches are fabulous, as are the projects!  I didn't do a lot of stamping on this one- just the sentiment because I wanted to focus on this cupcake cut from one of my new Cricut cartridges!!  It is called "Sweet Treats", and it is awesome!!  I can't wait to use it more!

"Happy Birthday To You" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Doodlebug Designs, Imaginisce, & KI Memories
Paper Frill/Brad/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Everything Birthday)
Ink: Doodlebug Designs (Pigment-Ladybug) & Clearsnap (Chalk- warm red, pink pastel)
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Sweet Treats by Provo Craft (cupcake)

Card Instructions: Round the right corners and ink the edges of a block of heart paper with warm red chalk ink.  Adhere to the front of a white card and round those right hand corners.  Ink the edges of a strip of striped paper and adhere to a white cardstock block.  Round the right hand corners of the block and adhere to the front.  Add pink paper frill and aqua dotted ribbon over top of the seam, and accent the top with a bow.  Cut the cupcake layers at 2.5" using the Cricut Expression and Sweet Treats cartridge.  Ink the edges of the frosting and heart cuts.  Layer the cuts together to the white block.  Accent the heart with a glittery brad and the bottom of the cupcake with three jewels.  Stamp the sentiment directly below the cupcake cut with Ladybug pigment ink. 

My next card is made completely from scraps and product that I have been sitting on for awhile!  I think it is always good to focus on using up the scraps in my scrap basket, so I am going to try and make one card per week using only that basket.  My card completes Crazy For Challenges Week 13 to use punches, and it is based, albeit loosely, on Sketch Saturday #79.

"Wishing You A Wonderful Day" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Heidi Grace & Sassafras
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Glitz Designs
Chipboard: KI Memories
Twine: Darice Inc.
Stamps: Close To My Heart
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment- Canary & Scarlet)
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Card Instructions: Punch two Apron Lace borders to yellow dotted paper and adhere to the top & bottom of a kraft card base.  Adhere a block of white cardstock to the front.  Round the corners of a block of green dotted paper and adhere to the left side.  Cut rainbows from patterned paper and adhere to the front.  Round the corners of a block of blue dotted paper and white cardstock, and adhere together.  Affix to the front of the card, and stamp the sentiment to it in Scarlet pigment ink.  Stamp the sun above the rainbow paper using Canary pigment ink and adhere a yellow jewel to the middle of it.  Accent with a chipboard cloud and rainbow colored jewels. 

My hubby and I watched this last night:

It was so funny, and has a really sweet ending.  It is a bit crude though, so just to warn you.  If you can get through the crudeness...it is a really great movie!

Still listening to my Christmas music...loving it!  If you haven't heard the song "Mistletoe" by Colbie Caillet...here it is on youtube.  Loving this song!

Hope you like it....love her voice! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

12 comments

  1. Wonderful cheery cards!! :) I really need to dust off my cricutE too... I've only used it 2or 3 times! So so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cuteness! I have a machine too that rarely gets used. I need to go dust mine off! I heard that movie's cute. Maybe next movie run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love when you create with rainbows, they make me so happy. the cupcake card is the cuuuuutest too, but you had me at rainbow....giggle

    (((hugs))) my friend! danni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are so cheery and fun. I especially like the rainbow one. Love the way you make them repeat. Good challenge to make a card a week with scraps. My pile is growing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those two cards are just fabulous Lea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so good to have you back! I haven't done my CAS card yet, but I will, I love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these happy, darling cards Lea! Bright cheerful colors filled with cupcakes and sunshine...! Just like your blog! ;o) This past Saturday I bought the Sweet Treats cartridge (and Paisley!) at Michael's. I LOVE the cupcake you made. I haven't been able to play with the cartridge yet and now I really can't wait!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there!!! Such cute little cards!!! You always inspire me my friend!!! Please feel free to use Ben's Senior Pictures on your blog!! I just love them and I can't wait to see them up close and in person!!! You are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute cards! So bright and cheerful! Being a cupcake fan - that is my fave! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, you were not kidding when you said Monday cuteness!! I could not love these more!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥