Oh Vanity Fair....

November 3, 2009

....how I love thee. :) I don't really purchase or subscribe to any magazines any more, but thank goodness for the internet. What a beautiful cover. And just for a little more pure eye candy...here is an outtake from the same VF shoot. Oh to be the one behind that camera. Something I could totally get used to. Can I apply to be Robert Pattinson's personal photographer? I promise to do a REALLY great job! Tee hee!
And the verdict is in on my favorite song off the New Moon soundtrack! Of course, I love the main song, "Meet Me On The Equinox" by Death Cab For Cuties. But, I always prefer to find a favorite on the album that ISN'T being played all over the radio and television and internet. So, my favorite on the album is called "Possibility" by Lykke Li. The Twilight series lovers all know that this book is all about heartbreak and heartache. I don't think this song could capture that any more perfectly. There is a part of the song that goes, "So tell me when you hear my heart stop. You're the only one that knows. Tell me when you hear my silence. There's a possibility I wouldn't know." I think if you have suffered deep heartache in your life, you totally get those lyrics. Anyways...do you want to hear it? Here is a Youtube video of it...listen to it fast- it probably won't be up for long!

Okay- now onto some crafting stuff. So- I am totally LAME, and didn't get my cute Halloween cards photographed until today. I know, I know. I am SO lame...I totally admit it. But, I don't want to not share them, so here they are.
"October 31st" Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Paper (Basic Grey/Making Memories/My Mind's Eye), Rubons (American Crafts/K & Company), Jewels (Kaiser Craft), Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida), Corner Rounder (EK Success), Ink (Clearsnap).
"For You" Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Paper (Making Memories), Jewels (Basic Grey/Darice), Stamps (Renaissance By Design), Ink (Tsukineko/Clearsnap), Corner Rounder (EK Success).
"Spooky Jack-O-Lantern" Supplies: Paper (Basic Grey/Making Memories/My Mind's Eye), Diecut (My Mind's Eye), Stickers (Making Memories), Chipboard (Maya Road), Button (Doodlebug Designs), Ribbon (Michael's brand), Twine (Darice), Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Ink (Clearsnap), Corner Rounder (EK Success), Sandpaper.
"Halloween Night" Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Paper/Paper Frill/Stickers/Jewels (Doodlebug Designs, Ribbon (Offray).
"Trick Or Treat" Supplies: Cardstock (Prism), Paper/Felt Sticker (Basic Grey), Diecuts (SEI), Jewels (Zva Creative), Ink (Clearsnap), Corner Rounder (EK Success).
"Magic" Supplies: Paper (Making Memories/My Mind's Eye), Diecuts (Little Yellow Bicycle/My Mind's Eye), Rubons (We R Memory Keepers), Jewels (Zva Creative/Westrim Crafts), Ribbon (Renaissance By Design), Ink (Clearsnap), Circle Cutter (Creative Memories).
"Double, Double, Toil & Trouble" Supplies: Paper (Making Memories), Stickers (Glitz Designs), Chipboard (Heidi Swapp/My Mind's Eye), Jewels (Doodlebug Designs), Tulle (craft supply), Ink (Clearsnap).
"Spooky" Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Paper (Little Yellow Bicycle), Stickers (Darice/Little Yellow Bicycle), Rubons (Basic Grey), Jewels (Westrim Crafts), Ink (Clearsnap), Corner Rounder (EK Success).

So, forgive me for not posting these BEFORE Halloween! Really.....I am just trying to keep the spooky sweetness going for a bit longer. Tee hee! Enjoy your day!

Until later,
~Lea

PS: Make sure you check my blog this coming Monday. I am having a GINORMOUS giveaway....one lucky winner of a huge lot of new product. More details to come....

13 comments

  1. NOT Lame - thank you, thank you thank you! I needed my Rob fix today and I LOVE the song - I need to go get the soundtrack - I LOVE the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such elegant Halloween cards; I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the eye candy - oh, and Rob looked pretty good too!
    ;-)
    I'll be taking my 15 year-old niece and all her friends to the midnight movie when New Moon comes out, so thanks for the head's up on Vanity Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, wouldn't that be FUN!! your cards are CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. These are such lovely creations. I just love Halloween. Hope you enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Halloween cards are awesome. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your halloween cards!

    Hester

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Talk about eye candy (in more ways than one)!!!!

    You're not lame. I'm glad you decided to post your Halloween cards. They are TOO amazing to not!!! You're always so inspiring!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late or not it is still a treat to see all your amazing creations!

    (-: Heidi

    PS thanks for the other eye candy as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lea

    Wow your Halloween Cards are amazing..you are one very talented lady.

    There is a little something for you on my blog...please stop by and collect it...

    Congrats

    JoX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, first of all I totally agree about the eye candy, those bedrooms eyes, really makes the knees wobble. And can't believe you have been so busy on the creative front. Your halloween creations are all just stunning. Love your creative style.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lea.. I became a fan on your photography site over on Facebook and was looking through your pics. They are great. Do you mind sharing what kind of lens you used for your Tomlin Family shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Leah-

    I used my 70-200mm f/2.8 lens for that shoot. Thanks for asking!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥