Blessings in the little things....

November 27, 2009

Happy Friday evening!  To all you brave black Friday shoppers...I hope your day was blissful.  Mine was...just a lazy day in the quiet comfort of my home.  I don't do well with really large crowds of people, so I don't consider black Friday shopping a fun thing.  Instead, I got my kitchen all cleaned up from our Thanksgiving feast, spent a little time in my craft room, and watched a movie with my dad.  My poor hubby is working from 9a-11p, and then goes back in tomorrow from 8a-8p.  This weekend is always killer for him...I hate that part.  

I have a couple more Autumnal items to share with you before I start getting into Christmas and winter mode!  First up is a card based on Get Sketchy #16.  ANOTHER great sketch site I found while blog surfing...totally loving all the great challenges I am finding! As you can see...I am a little obsessed with this sentiment stamp.  I just adore it!! 


Supply List: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey & Scenic Route
Paper Frill/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Leaf from Strictly Sentiments, small leaf from Happy Halloween, sentiment from Roots and Wings, & swirlies from Bee-Mail)
Ink: Clearsnap Pigment Ink (Old Rose, Amber, Brown) & Chalk Ink (Maroon, pink pastel)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Chocolate Brown Satin Dot
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Buttons: Basic Grey & SEI
Corner Rounder: EK Success


I also did this cute little project for my home.  I have had this cute frame for I don't even know how long...and it has never had anything in it.  I am notoriously bad about that...buying frames and then never putting anything in them.  (This from a photographer...SO bad!)  

Supplies:
Frame: Target
Paper: Basic Grey & Scenic Route
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (links above)
Ink: Clearsnap Pigment Ink (Old Rose, Merlot, Brown) 
Button: Basic Grey
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft (scalloped square)


I have a couple more little blessings that I am thankful for to share with you.  This may seem odd, but I am so thankful for my experience at Rocky Mountain School of Photography this year.  It was such an amazing five months.  I grew so much as a person, I made so many wonderful friends, and learned more than I think I ever have in such a short time period.  I will forever be changed for the better because of my experience, and I am so grateful for the school, its staff and instructors.  I was lucky enough to make it into the catalog this year, which I included the cover image of (I am not on the cover, I am inside.)  If you go to this link and look at the right side of the page...that is what I have on the inside of the catalog. 

We all did have a little chuckle when we saw the photo they chose from what I submitted.  I am SO not a landscape photographer....and it is the only landscape photo that was part of my submission.  Oh the irony.....


And while being so busy during school, I had totally forgotten that I had some cards in this: 

My designer's copy came in the mail this week, and I was so surprised!  It was a nice surprise though, and the book is gorgeous.  Full of amazing talent....so honored to be a small part of such an amazing group of cardmakers in this world! 

Well, I am going to get going for now.  I hope that your Thanksgiving day was fully blessed.  We had a nice and quiet day...other than heading to Michael's.  I know...I know...but there were two Cricut cartridges that I had to have.  And the crowd wasn't bad at all....I could handle that one! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

14 comments

  1. oh how i love, love your autumn cards sweet lea, they are the PERFECT papers to make your heart swoooon with the feelings of fall! hugs & so much love my friend! danni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! :) I so hear you on being a photographer with no pics! It's downright shameful... But I just framed my first pic of my own family the other day. It's a start! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love your projects! Thanks for joining us at Get Sketchy, your take on the sketch is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog.....and I have added it to my favs.....your projects are just gorgeous! I love taking it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful cards! I especially love all the pink in the first one & that brown polk a dot ribbon looks fabulous! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frame is so amazing and big congrats on being in the catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful creations Lea! I absolutely love the colors!

    Sounds like you had a perfect black Friday...avoid all the shopping but the crafty kind!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Lea! I'm so glad to read your comment on my blog, because your cards just perfect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea...we're soooo glad that you found Get Sketchy! I'm a huge fan of your work:)

    Your frame is fabulous too..

    Congrats RMSP and A Card a Day pubs!!!

    Thanks again for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love what you have done with the sketch and your colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your GS card it's beautiful!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW beautiful
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥