Soft spring colors.....

March 30, 2010

....been loving them lately!!  Today I used yellows, light blues, light greens, and white for the cards I have to share.  They are so soft and pretty...makes me sigh a little bit.  Tee hee!

First up is my card for sketch 160 at the CPS Blog.  Such a fun little sketch this week...I loved the little peek of a circle that is included on it!
  "A True Friend...." supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Stamps/Ribbon: Renaissance by Design (Enjoy Life set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: lime & Chalk: ice blue, lime pastel)
Jewels: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Textile Texture by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold green cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners and ink the edges of a heart paper block.  Emboss a white cardstock block using the Cuttlebug and Textile Texture embossing folder.  Round the top corners and adhere to the front of the paper block.  Cut a circle over the right side of the seam and tie ribbon around the left side of it.  Add smooth white cardstock to the back and adhere the entire block to the front.  Stamp the sentiment inside the circle and outline with jewels.  Stamp the butterfly to white cardstock and cut out.  Adhere to the front using foam adhesive, and accent with light blue jewels. 

This next one has a glittery chick on it!!!  I am so loving it!  I used Sweet Sunday Sketch 62 for this one, and it is based on the Pink Elephant challenge #60 (use pastels).  I guess the other card fits that one too...:)
"Spring Joy" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye & Sassafras
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Darling Damask set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: robin's egg) 
Fabric: Crafty Secrets
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pinking Shears: Fiskars
button/jewels: craft supply

Instructions:  Fold yellow cardstock in half to make card base.  Stamp the damask print to a white cardstock block.  Layer a yellow scalloped paper frill and a blue damask paper strip to a yellow dotted paper strip.  Adhere the entire strip to the damask stamped block, and stitch along the edges.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Tie ribbon around the left side of the card, and adhere a chipboard flower underneath the bow.  Attach a button to the bow using twine.  Mask the fabric tag so that only the chick is showing, and glitter him.  Pull off the mask and adhere the fabric tag with the left corner tucked into the bow.  Accent the lower right corner with three clear jewels. 

Well, that is everything I have to share with you today!!  I better get going for now! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

15 comments

  1. Beautiful cards as always! You truly inspire me Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lovin' the light colors too. These are just fabulous! That Crafty Secrets chicken is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning beautiful cards! love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG girlie.....these are sooo gorgeous...and that damask set is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favorite color of blue! :o) The damask embossing and damask stamping is SO beautiful. And that gorgeous polka dot ribbon and CUTE glittery chick....Oh my, I LOVE these!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are all beautiful!!! Love the spring colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gorgeous, love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards! I don't know how you photograph your cards, but the gems always look like semi precious stones! So brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both beautiful Lea! I hope some of your talent rubs off on me as I visit you daily! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the sweetest card. You are so talented! I love the softness of the colors and images and the way every element counts. You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, and beautiful soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥