Best Day Ever

October 26, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone!  Are you all excited for Halloween weekend?  I know that we are....even though it looks like we aren't going to be celebrating until next weekend at a murder mystery party.  Which is perfectly okay!  My friend Meagan and I have the BEST costumes ever....can't wait for everyone to see us all dressed up.  We are going as Capitol people from  the Hunger Games...and it is going to be awesome!! Tee hee!  Tonight our friends are coming over for dinner, and we are going to BBQ steaks, and have mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans as well.  I have some gluten-free pumpkin spice cake leftover that I made the other night....so dessert is all taken care of too.  It is going to be a wonderful night...can't wait!

I have a super special birthday card to share with you today.  It's already in the mail...being sent to one of my best friends in the whole world.  I figured it was time to share it on my blog!  I used the Glitz Design "Yours Truly" collection for this one, and some stamps from the new company Mama Elephant.  I love the new stamp sets that they released recently....so FUN to use.  I had to have this stamp set particularly...because it has so many things that I say all the time included on it....love it!!  Here is what I created.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, then round the upper right corner.
2. Adhere two paper blocks to the front, then add a strip of ribbon over the seam.
3. Cut a chevron pattern from paper, then adhere to the right side of the card, overlapping the edge.
4. Punch an upper crest border from blue paper, adhere to the top of the patterned block and accent with black jewels.
5. Add two strips of washi tape to the top, then cover with a rhinestone.
6. Stamp the banner to white cardstock, cut out and adhere.  Accent with black jewels.
7. Stamp the balloon to white cardtock, cut out and adhere.  Stamp the bow directly below the balloon.
8. Diecut a tag, and add the other part of the sentiment to it.  Adhere to the top of the ribbon with a brad.
9. Add the remaining sentiment and a banner strip to the inside to finish.

Challenges:
-Sketchbook Saturday #81
-CAS-ual Fridays #76- Kraft
-Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #192 - Happy Birthday
-The Kraft Journal #93 - Inside & Out











Thanks for checking out my latest creation!  I kind-of love this card...the sentiment makes me smile! :)  Time to get on to my Bible study notes!
James 4: 13-17
These verses made me think of a silly quote that I have read on those random plaque things & such.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.  But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"".  Tee hee!
I actually posted another quote on my Facebook wall the other day that is also fitting.
"Live your life, take chances, be crazy.  Don't hesitate because right now is the oldest you've ever been & the youngest you'll ever be again."
Honestly- we don't know if we have a tomorrow.  So we need to seize the time that we do have.  Make sure the people in your life know that you love them.  Volunteer and do good for others that are less fortunate than you.  Pray.  For the people you love & cherish....and for those that make it harder to love.  Reach out...be a light where there is darkness.  But do it with sincere love....not with an agenda.  I know that for me, God's love does not feel suppressive.  It is invigorating....welcoming...it truly fuels me to love others.  And it makes me want to live my short life to the very fullest.

Until later,
~L. 

12 comments

  1. I am so glad I read your post tonight! I love what you said. I want to copy and paste the whole thing to Facebook for my friends to read! :) Thanks for your words!!

    The card? LOVE it! So many fun details! I love how you added in the bling under the border and I love the elephant and the balloon! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun design elements to look at! So happy you shared it with us at The Kraft Journal for the Inside & Out Challenge at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supah cute, Lea! I adore how you embellish your cards! Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card, Lea!
    i have questions. what the name of the template that you use in the design of your blog?

    p.s. sorry for my english, i`m from Ukraine )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Lea! Love all the beautiful and layered papers & tapes. Love the whole sentiment.. front to back! Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Flourishes' "Timeless Tuesday" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea - um...WOW! I always love clicking on your blog because I know I'll not only find an inspiring card, but inspirational words as well. Great post! And thank you so much for getting your kraft on with us at CAS-ual Fridays! (I'll have to check out Mama Elephant - your's is the second mention I've heard of it today!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always a delight to see your creations!!! Love this card!!Thanks for sharing your KRAFTY creation with us @ CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Kraft Journal, this card is exceptional and the layers gorgeous! I'll be showcasing your card tomorrow November 2, for our Feature Me Friday segment of the blog, can't wait to highlight another of your creations there and of course your Featured Artist button will be available to post on your blog if you desire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the collage look of this card, Lea! So many great elements and a fun use of those new stamps. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lea! Great job on this awesome project, and congrats on being chosen for the Feature Me Friday spot at The Kraft Journal. We're so blessed to have you share your talents with us!
    Your blog post is wonderful, and I was really blessed by it, so thanks for sharing.
    By the way, I hope you will check out this fun Christian Challenge Blog (www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com) where I would just LOVE having you share your beautiful art.
    Again, congratulations and thanks for being a blessing to us!
    Karen Letchworth, DT Member
    The Kraft Journal
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥