Happy Halloween!

October 14, 2012

Happy Sunday, everyone!!  I hope the end of your weekend has been a restful one so far.  Today has been a pretty quiet day....I watched my latest recorded episodes of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Squad, and Cheer!.  I love those shows...I would consider them my guilty TV pleasures, but I don't have one ounce of guilt about watching them.  Tee hee!

Then I got this cute little Halloween card created, and decided to post it today!  I grabbed the My Mind's Eye "Mischievous" collection this time around, which was the Halloween collection they released last year.  I never did use the paper with the darling witch & pumpkins on it...and decided that I just had to!  They are just so darn cute, I couldn't resist! Here is what I created:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Adhere a strip of black lace to the bottom of the card.
3. Cut a block from the witch paper and distress ink the edges.
4. Cut a block of polka dotted paper, layer to the left side of the witch paper and wrap seam binding around the middle. Adhere the entire block to the card front.
5. Tie a double bow from matching seam binding, stitch a button to the middle with twine, then adhere.
6. Cut the October paper strip, add a pinked edge to it and adhere to the bottom.
7. Add a strip of black rhinestones over the seam.
8. Stamp the sentiment to a diecut conversation bubble, then adhere to the front.
9. Accent the sentiment block with a spider, diecut arrow and jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-Sketch Saturday #229
-Dutch Dare #186 - Inspiration Photo
-Allsorts #176 - Cute Halloween
-Stampin' for the Weekend #19 - Halloween
-Ribbon Carousel #73 - Halloween Spirit










I hope that you enjoyed my cute little Halloween card today!  I will be back tomorrow with the Nina B Design's blog hop....so be sure to come on back!!  Until then, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your Sunday and that you get some awesome relaxing time in!

Until later,
~L.

16 comments

  1. So very cute! I love that MME pack and the bit of lace peaking out is darling. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....how cute is this Lea!!! I love how you let the paper do most of the work...fabulous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so cute! I love the little spider and that chevron button! Such great details!

    PS....I am a secret dcc watcher too! Why do I like it so much? I was never even a cheerleader myself! LOL! Glad to know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! This is the most adorable Halloween card!!!
    Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Halloween card - love the spider.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Halloween creations Lea and super colours.

    Many thanks for joining our 'spooky'theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love it! this is absolutely adorable and soo chic at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! So many fun details to look at - I especially love the bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful x thanks for joining us at SFTW x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a pretty halloween card. Love all the elements like arrow, spider, bow and button. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just gorgeous! The mix of elements look so good together, and that little spider is just adorable!

    I haven't heard of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader show, but it sounds like something I would like. ;) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute Halloween card Lea, just love the papers. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Dutch Dare. And good luck.

    Caz xx DD, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must have stock in Doodlebug bling. You have tons of it! And I love it when you mixy matchy the jewels when you use them.
    I think we all have our not the least bit guilty about watching these shows shows. I'm in to a couple of the Real Housewives'. It's such poop. But I can't avert my eyes - ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the cutest, Lea! I love how you used the paper and that pompom spider makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. smashing make.

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥