WPlus9 October 2012 Group Post

October 5, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone!!  Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I know that I am....although it looks like it is going to be a cold one.  That's okay...I am going to be spending most of tomorrow in my little crafty room creating cards to my heart's content.  It is World Cardmaking Day, after all.  Tee hee! :)

Well, the new product all became available for sale this morning, and today is the group post which ends each release week for WPlus9.  It is always SO fun to see what each designer comes up with, and how different we all create!  I did a little set with a matching card and pillow box.  Here is what I created!
Instructions
Card:
1. Make A2 card from black cardstock.
2. Cut newsprint paper slightly smaller, adhere lace trim to the right side and adhere.
3. Cut black damask strip and adhere to the bottom.
4. Adhere diecut banner over top of the black damask strip.
5. Stamp the tree & girl image to a diecut card and adhere.
6. Tie a bow from dotted ribbon, and adhere to the corner along with two paper flowers.
7. Top the bow with a wooden button & pearl.
8. Cut a strip of newsprint paper, add a banner edge & stamp the sentiment to it.
9. Accent with a pearl, then adhere the strip tucked into the flowers.
10. Add a tree topped pin underneath the banner to finish.

Pillow Box:
1. Assemble the pillow box.
2. Cut a striped paper strip and wrap around the middle.
3. Wrap lace trim around the bottom.
4. Diecut the tag & outlined star from patterned papers and adhere to the front.
5. Add a bow and two flowers to the right corner of the star tag.
6. Diecut the banner and stamp the sentiment to it.
7. Accent with pearls and adhere to the front using foam adhesive.

Challenges:
-Deconstructed Sketch #72
-Cute Card Thursday #237 - ribbon
-Delightful challenge - winter holiday
-PaperPlay #40 - sparkle & shine
-Penny's Paper Crafty #96 - diecuts & punches
-Papertake Weekly - anything goes

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the designers have created today, and be sure to check out Dawn's blog.  She has all the projects in one place, and it is SO fun to check them all out together!!









James 2: 21-26
I can see why Martin Luther struggled with James 2.  Paul tells us early on in the New Testament that faith is what makes it possible for us to have a relationship with God.  The big thing to realize is I don't think James disagrees with that in any way, shape or form.  I feel, after having read chapter 2 quite a few times now, that James was more expanding on the premise of faith.  I think we first have to understand that salvation is always apart from works.  But James makes it quite clear that "proper" faith leads to good works.  He also gives us two examples from the Old Testament, Abraham & Rahab (who seemingly couldn't be more different), who both had faith that lead to good works.  I guess I see it this way.  If you truly believe in Jesus and what He did in His time on earth....and if you truly want to strive to be more like Him....then good works will become a more natural progression in your faith.  And while I know I will never be perfect at it, I do notice that as I continue to grow in my faith...I have more inclination to do good for others, and even more importantly - do more good for God.

I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month's WPlus9 release.  Everything is available at www.wplus9.com right now, so head on over and pick up your must haves!!

Until later,
~L.

7 comments

  1. Wow, this is beautiful. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lea! Gosh, I love all those delicious, textural embellishments! And that sweet, little, girl silhouette is calling to be put on a layout. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful color full of interesting elements and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love all of the layers and textures! Every detail is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely - the little pillow box is so pretty! Thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and gift pouch!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥