Halloween Wishes

October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween, everyone!!  Are you doing anything fun today?  My day is pretty much just a normal one.  We have our small group tonight (church thing), and we are going to be doing scary movies &/or games together.  So- that should be fun!  I won't be dressing up until a party on Saturday night...I will share photos of that next week!!

I have a pretty little Halloween card to share with you today, that is part of the Prima Halloween blog post today.  I decided to go soft and shabby on this one...and I love how it turned out!  Who knew that baby blue and soft orange could make a lovely Halloween card?!  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Cut blue paper slightly smaller, then adhere an orange strip to the top.
3. Wrap eyelet lace & orange ribbon around the seam, then adhere the entire block to the card front.
5. Add a fabric Halloween image to the front, then accent the corners with resin embellishments & jewels.
6. Tie a bow from the same ribbon, and adhere to the right side, along with two fabric flowers.
7. Tuck a piece of tulle into the flowers, then adhere a pearl flourish to the top of it.
8. Stamp the sentiment to a banner paper strip, then wrap around a pumpkin topped pin.
9. Stick the sentiment & a clear topped pin together into the flowers to finish.

Challenges:
-Deconstructed Sketch #75
-The Shabby Tea Room #138 - Photo Inspiration + Flowers
-Red Carpet Studios #9 - Pumpkins & Halloween
-Inky Impressions #83 - Lots of Layers
-The Pink Elephant #172 - Shabby Chic
-Clearly Inspired #62 - Ribbon
-Stamp with Fun #185 - Pins & Lace










I hope you liked my soft & sweet Halloween card today!!  I have some Bible study notes to share with you. So, let's get right to it.
James 5: 13-20
Faith
noun - {feyth}
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing
2. belief that is not based on proof
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standard of merit, etc.
5. a system of religious beliefs

With the abundance of topics that were covered in James....I am reminded at the end of the book that it all comes down to faith.  It is really as simple, and as complicated as that.  I found an excerpt from Martin Luther's definition of faith online that I really enjoyed reading.  Here is a small part of it:

"Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace...."  ~Online Resource Link

Well, for those of you going on this journey with me....we've made it through the book of James!!  I hope that my random thoughts and feelings as I've studied have brought a smile to your face, made you think, or just given you a little more insight to who I am as a person {flaws & all}.  Next up will be 1st & 2nd Peter.  I will talk to you soon!

Until later,
~L.

12 comments

  1. So absolutely beautiful, Lea -- you're right, soft, pretty and wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us in the Tea Room this week, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, this beautiful card is just full of Prima loveliness...and did you print the image on canvas? It adds such wonderful texture! (and a special "thank you so much" for your sweet comments on my blog...coming from a talent such as you, I'm truly flattered.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creation Lea!! Packed with Prima lusciousness!! So glad you could join us at TSTR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning card Lea. thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studios this week.
    Dawnxxxxx
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous! I love all the details and the brilliant colors. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this soft and sweet Halloween card! The little rhyme on the cloth is a song my girls (now 11 and 14) sung when they were in Pre-K classes! THanks for reminding me of a sweet memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, love the fabric flower.
    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so so pretty....love the image and your gorgeous flower . Thank for sharing this with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card - like the motiv. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, Lea! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥