WPlus9 October 2012 Release Week - Day 3

October 3, 2012

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Can you believe it is the middle of the week already?  Time has just flown by, it seems.  So- I was wearing shorts yesterday, and today I need a fleece jacket to go outside.  I hate drastic weather changes like that....sigh.  What can I do?  I live in Montana, and it was bound to happen...

Today is day 3 of the WPlus9 October release, and we are introducing the last of our stamps and dies that we will be releasing this month.

Pretty Patches: Tree
  • is a 3x4 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • 5 high quality photo-polymer stamps; 3 image builders and 2 sentiments
  • will be available for purchase October 5th for $6
Pretty Patches: Tree Companion Die
  • 2 individual dies wired together that can be easily separated
  • coordinates with the Pretty Patches: Tree stamp set
  • will be available for purchase October 5th for $5
Quilt Cuts 2 Die
  • 3 individual quilt block patterns that are wired together and can be easily separated.
  • each completed block measures approx. 2" x 2"
  • will be available for purchase October 5th for $16
Dawn is also sponsoring the 10 Minute Craft Dash #4 this week, and we were given the choice to play along with their color palette challenge while creating a card that takes no longer than 10 minutes to put together!  Thankfully....you can pull all your supplies out before the time starts ticking.  My card took 9 minutes 37 seconds to put together....fussy cutting the banner took the longest (which spent 2 minutes 12 seconds of my time).  The color palette allowed me to use some of my latest fave Christmas paper by My Mind's Eye, and it paired perfectly with Pretty Patches: Tree!!  Dawn is giving away a $20 gift certificate to WPlus9 to one lucky participant in the challenge...so be sure to try it out!!  Here is what I created:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut a block of blue paper and a strip of red dotted paper.  Layer together, then adhere to the front.
3. Diecut the hills, tree & heart from the papers shown, then put aside the tree & heart.  Adhere the hills to the front.
4. Fussy cut the banner and adhere to the bottom of the hills.
5. Stamp the diecut tree, layer the diecut heart to the middle and adhere to the left side of the card.  Accent with a jewel star.
6. Stamp the sentiment to the right side of the blue paper block, then accent the banner with three jewels.
7. Add Stickles to the top of each hill to finish.


Challenges:
-Sketchbook Saturday #79
-10 Minute Craft Dash #4 - red, aqua, kraft
-The Pink Elephant #168 - banners
-Simon Say Stamp - glimmer & sparkle


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the designers have created today, and be sure to check out Dawn's blog.  She always does some great giveaways! 









James 2: 14-17
I can sum these verses up in 4 short words....FAITH IS A VERB!!  You do it.  You live it everyday.  You share it.  The one thing that I love most about the little church we attend is that not one of us will ever go hungry or homeless.  We help each other....financially if possible, but physically always.  We feed each other, and open up our extra rooms if they are needed.  Being down on hard times isn't so hard if you have people who will help you carry the burden.  I am constantly working towards being even more hospitable than I already am.  I can get hung up on making sure my house is just so and that meals are interesting & exciting.  But I have to realize that even if I had one can of soup in my cupboards and I shared it with someone who needs it....I am truly showing faith in action.

Thanks for checking out my {quickly made} card today!  I hope you enjoyed it!  Tomorrow is the full reveal of the WPlus9 release....so be sure to check back!!

Until later,
~L.

13 comments

  1. Beautiful card! Love the banner! We recently studied James...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! Love this card sketch - the banner on the bottom is such a fun idea. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card--SO beautiful! And LOVE your Biblical message even more so!!! Desiring what you expressed i your message is a virtue and one GOD doesn't oppose to cultivate in you! Keep on blessing the lives of others and in return GOD will take care of you!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Lea! {LOVE} these MME papers, bought them recently and I already know I'll have to resist hoarding, lol. Loving this release!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I'm so impressed you were able to create this GORGEOUS card in less than 10 minutes! Wow....utterly speechless! All the beautiful details are perfect!

    Love your feature with the verse- such a neat idea and that font is gorgeous. I'll have to check out your other posts recently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the card design, the colors and all the small touches...and we had quite the opposite weatherwise this week..mid 60's and rains and cold yesterday and then today 80 and I;m wearing shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty, Lea! Really love those rolling, glitter-topped hills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! This is beautiful! I love love love this card the colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the banner along the bottom! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! love the banner you created, Lea! Thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Lea, love the glittery snow hills and the touch of sparkle with gems..beautiful layout... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥